A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Junior Accountant”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree (B.com) |Masters Degree(M.com) | ACCA | CA|
|Experience||1 – 2 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,000 AED – 6,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Ecocoast, a global leader in engineered products for the protection of coastlines and waterways, is looking for a proactive and experienced Junior Accountant to join our growing team. You’ll be working amongst a small but agile and highly driven team, reporting to the Accounts Supervisor. The purpose of the Finance function of this business is to facilitate effective decisions and exemplary customer service through timely and accurate information and processes, and this role lies at the epicenter of it all. Essential to this role is the ability to be a multi-tasker and highly organized. You must be able to adopt a pragmatic approach, be able to manage expectations, and know how to elicit support from others through communication.
What will you do?
- Ensuring all the Company’s financial records are prepared, recorded, updated, and filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proactively interacting with Clients and Suppliers to ensure timely payment of receivables and payables while building relationships with key contacts.
- Preparing client invoices, following up, reconciling & sending periodic SOAs to customers and Sales-Operations Teams for timely collection.
- Checking and recording bills, expenses, and other financial transactions on time, making sure that information is available in the system and reports can be generated whenever needed.
- Assisting Accounts Supervisor in the preparation of accurate Weekly, and Monthly Accounts Reports as required by Management. Ensure timely completion of weekly/month-end checklist for the task assigned.
- Efficient management of Petty cash and credit cards of the company, ensuring on-time reimbursement/payment & reconciliation of balances.
- Communicating with the Projects, Warehouse, and Operations Teams to ensure all financial activities are dealt with accurately and professionally to ensure seamless progress of projects.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations, year-end closing, and other statutory requirements.
- Assisting in maintaining/managing accounting schedules reconciled with the system.
- Helps in ensuring all company Employees adhere to finance-related processes, policies, and deadlines.
- Helps in analyzing and scrutinizing company expenditure, proposing cost-saving measures, and advising of areas for improvement across work methods, personnel & existing policies to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Representing the Company in a professional manner in all dealings with Employees, Clients, Suppliers, and any other External Parties.
What we are looking for?
- Degree majoring in Accounting / Finance with broad knowledge in / application of IFRS.
- Qualification (CA, ACCA, CPA, etc) is an advantage.
- Experience with QuickBooks / Reckon is highly desirable. Otherwise, a proven ability to grasp new systems quickly and question the status quo will be essential.
- Prior experience in the UAE would be ideal.
- At least 1-3 years experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of questioning the status quo and delivering improvements.
- Experience in Marine Contracting, Manufacturing, or a similar field is not compulsory but would be an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- The ability to develop financial models in Microsoft Excel would be a big plus.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Careful and patient with a strong execution ability
- Analytical thinker and pragmatic mindset.
- Good customer service skills and attitude
- Able to work under stress, and a team player attitude – a demonstrated ability to develop pragmatic commercially-focused solutions with team members is essential.
- Pride and transparency in one’s work – a driven attitude and commitment to being the best at what we do, while being confident enough to speak up and ask for help if you don’t know the answer.
- A general sense of curiosity and drive for improvement – a desire to be a positive contributor to the business and the team, and the curiosity to go out and find the right way to achieve this.
Working at Ecocoast
Who we are:
Ecocoast is the global leader in engineered solutions for sustainable coastal and marine development.
Ecocoast is at the forefront of designing, manufacturing, and distributing globally a range of marine and coastal protection, demarcation, navigation, safety, and security products.
Our core purpose is to pioneer. Everything we do is either the first to market or an evolution of an existing idea. By doing this, we will help solve the world’s most pressing marine problems and create a more pioneering marine industry.
What we offer you:
Thriving on the “Ecolife” values is a rewarding journey for the right individual, helping take the business to new geographies and new heights. Client satisfaction is a passion and working with others to ensure Ecocoast remains the number 1 choice is both rewarding and second nature. If you approach life with integrity and pride and you go the extra mile because you care, we want to hear from you.
- An ambitious employer; we want the best for you and the company.
- A career with continual learning, development, and opportunity.
- An incentive structure tied to company performance.
- Permanent contract; for we believe in long-term investment in the right people.
- Always room for new ideas; if you have an excellent idea, we will always listen and look to make improvements.
Drop Your Cv here :