A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Teachers”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Discipline)
|2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required
|3,500 AED – 4,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programmes have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximises every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path, and positively contribute to the local and global society.Our Business department has transformed student outcomes and succeeded in inspiring a love of learning in the field of Business Studies at GEMS World Academy, through the dedication of staff, their exceptional subject knowledge, and the department’s forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum. The department is highly regarded among our student body for the care and personal support offered to students. We are now looking for an innovative Business BTEC Teacher to join this successful team, beginning August 2023.The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of the Business BTEC and a proven track record of successful and varied teaching. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community. In addition, we seek a candidate with:Requirements:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B. Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent with a specialism in teaching Humanities at Secondary School (G6-12)
- A minimum of 3 years varied and demonstrable Business teaching experience in Secondary School, ideally within an IB curriculum school, however this is not mandatory
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to continue to drive the education agenda at this flagship GEMS World school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.
About Your Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is available for successful candidates including; a competitive tax free salary, premium medical insurance and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, annual flight allowance, tuition fee concession, and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.In addition to these, we offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of a highly significant IB programme. The IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes at GEMS World Academy are unique and exciting
- A culture of collaboration and an excellent support system
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- Training with the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) for teachers delivering the IB
- The chance to shape the future of the subject in collaboration with the leadership team, external education professionals, and exam boards
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally, structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff wellbeing, including access to all of our sports facilities, weekly fitness sessions, and staff social events
- GEMS Rewards, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and many other offers
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About The School
The International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes are at the heart of GEMS World Academy and are internationally renowned as rigorous and challenging courses in which students develop rapidly both personally and academically. The IB Programme is widely considered the gold standard of education, and GEMS World Academy is looking for talented and innovative individuals to join our highly successful team of over 136 teachers, 80 teaching assistants and 44 administrative and support staff and to contribute to the already successful outcomes for our community. GEMS World Academy-Dubai (GWA) is a private, co-educational IB World School for PreK to Grade 12 students. Established in 2008 as a member of GEMS Education, the Academy is authorised to deliver the PYP, MYP, DP and CP programmes, and is also accredited by the Council of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). We serve a multi-ethnic community in the heart of Dubai. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and foster a real sense of communal endeavour. The Academy has gained national and international recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, as well as its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the GWA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders.For further details about GEMS World Academy,
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
In line with the UAE’s Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team.Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.