A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Business Development Manager”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required
|15,000 AED – 20,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
We are looking for a Business Development Manager for Kotug International office in Dubai, UAE. As our Business Development Manager, you will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
KOTUG has an extensive track record in offshore towage support and vast experience in operating offshore support vessels (OSV) as well as anchor handling, tugs and crew boats.
About the job
The Business Development Manager will develop and guide activities to study/develop opportunities in order to meet commercial- and business plans and improve the company’s competitive position. Ensure project execution until handover to operations management. Coordination of tender and proposals.
Your key responsibilities are:
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality assurance (HSEQ):
- Keeps him or herself actively up-to-date to HSEQ manual and procedures
- Ensure safe and healthy execution of activities own department and contractors
- In case of doubts or anything is unclear, speak up-communicate or ask for a time out.
- Ensure integration HSEQ philosophy and policy and corrective measures in policies and daily practice
Business & Market Intelligence:
- Identify business tendencies in market, incl. trends, opportunities and threats
- Monitor competitors, (potential) clients and industry by region and market segment
- Maintain central commercial market database
- Build strong and effective relationships with (potential) clients and partners
- Positioning of the company in current and new areas to stakeholders
- Set up business cases and feasibility studies, including cost-benefit analyses
- Research grant possibilities (non-technical, non-educational)
Tenders & proposals:
- Ensure preparation and management of proposal (e.g. pre-qualification) and tender process with project strategy, scope, budget, schedule, risk assessment
- Review and challenge cost estimates
- Support, take part and lead in negotiations with clients
- Secure new chartering contracts
- Follow up with Customers on daily basis
- Negotiate Charter Parties and Contracts
- Follow up Invoicing
- Ensure project development including business cases and feasibility studies
- Develop and ensure careful handover to operations after finishing project
Who are we looking for?
Bachelor or master’s degree with background in maritime industry. Proven track record in (International) business development and project management.
Our ideal candidate has the following competencies:
- Natural impact or commercial flair
- Strong research- and strategic analytical skills
- Good influencing-, negotiation- and communication skills
- Organizational-, planning- and time management skills (proactive approach)
- ‘Do it now’ and ‘Yes we can’ approach (result driven)
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to provide leadership
- Good partnering abilities with external and internal clients
- Flexible and willing to travel on a regular base
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Identifies with Corporate values