A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Accountant- Accounts Payables”.
||Enova by Veoila|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||6 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50 – 100 Employees|
To supervise the assigned area of accounting (Accounts payable, Payment Bank transactions, inventory, fixed assets, Taxation, and related transactions/reports). Working closely with the Line Manager and related departments/sections on internal controls and compliance issues, audits, and relevant data inputs in order to ensure that financial statements in the assigned accounting area are accurate and transactions are in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and financial and accounting reporting standards
General Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure full compliance with IAS/IFRS and maintain consistency relating to the Accounts Payable section.
- Ensure adherence of the team with financial policies and procedures set out by the Line Manager.
- Monitor and review monthly costs in the income statement to control and rectify any errors or irregular transactions before the agreed timelines.
- Assist to ensure accuracy and adherence with Company timelines for Monthly Financial Reporting. Prepare, review and submit Prepayments, Accruals
- Review of Monthly Cost Project Financials with Line manager for all projects individually.
- Make sure that project financials reflect the current status of the project.
- Support the proper completion of external and internal audit engagements in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely compliance with tax regulation (including team guidance, preparation, filing & payment) for VAT, Payroll Tax, Withholding Tax, Income tax, Social insurance & contractual insurance.
- Reviewing the Monthly Project wise P&L with the Line manager, communicating and justifying any major variance.
Internal Controls and Compliance
- Ensure all Payable processes are in compliance with the internal audit policy (DOA, Supporting’s documents).
- Assist in rectifying any Internal Audit comments.
Fixed Assets and Inventory Management
- Maintaining the FAR of the company and ensuring proper reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that all the assets are properly tagged, and the tagging details are updated in the system.
- To perform proper reconciliation of inventory on a monthly basis.
- Plan coordinate and perform physical inventory count on a periodic basis as per the policy.
- Perform periodical reassessment of provisions related to inventories.
- Ensure proper reconciliation between the inventory management system and financial system and perform sub-ledgers and module reconciliations.
- Efficient management of Trade Payables and timely reconciliations of these modules with the GL and ensure all balances older than 90 days should be cleared.
- Reconciling books with major Suppliers on a quarterly or monthly basis (as required) to ensure minimal discrepancies.
- Regular monitoring and control of advances to suppliers.
- Collaborate with Procurement/Operations to improve supplier invoicing control and coverage.
- Assist to meet and include all the necessary vendors on a monthly payment plan with full coordination with all site coordinators
- Booking and posting all invoices on time and to be through automation cycle
- Answer Vendors mails and arrange with them the data of payment dues
- Make the monthly accruals for AMC and LPOs needed from the operation and provide a tracker for this on a monthly basis and open PO exercise
- Issue and prepare the PVs matched with PP forecast and to be based on specific payment terms and to be ready first of every month
- Documentation and Filling payments on a monthly basis
- Comply with the imposed date for Monthly closing, Invoicing & AP Schedule, and other reports. Attend and respond to emails and calls from sites/colleagues and supplier
- Prepare the payment swifts through our bank online system
Ensure automation processes developed for:
- Vendor SOA reconciliation needs to be done with each payment.
- Finalize vendor SOA reconciliation automation.
- Improve the batch payment creation process in Navision and apply WHT deduction automation
- Implement and apply CI deduction automation based on agreed %
- Upload of batch vendor payments into banking portal via ACHs
- Eliminating manual payment vouchers of Petty Cash & for vendors having WHT and make sure to reject it from petty cash lines
- Prepare the monthly payment plan for all vendors and assist on monthly cash flow forecast by providing accurate data for the vendor’s liabilities reviewing the invoices GLs before booking on NAV and doing the necessary actions for any reclassifications needed
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in finance or accounting; professional accounting qualification (ACA/ ACCA/ CPA).
- 6-8 years of experience in AP and vendor management in a similar field.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, research skills, knowledge of company policies and procedures and standard industry practices, confidentiality, problem-solving skills; solid Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and IFRS knowledge is required.
- Must be well versed in financial statement preparation.
- Team management skills, communication skills, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management;
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of electronic spreadsheets