A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Manager-Indirect Tax”.
|Grant Thornton – UAE
|Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CA | CPA | ACCA
|10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required
|25,000 AED – 30,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Grant Thornton UAE is part of a global network of independent audit, tax, and advisory firms, made up of some 62,000 people in over 140 countries. We’re driven by a purpose of shaping the world that we live in, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture – one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment.
Here. You can widen your opportunities. Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
The work we do with our clients is hugely important. They rely on us to make sure they understand the complex and ever-changing tax system, including VAT, Customs and Excise taxes. Join us and you’ll provide innovative tax solutions and advice to all kinds of clients of every size grow in this complex tax environment. Our specialists work in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax issues. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
Our UAE VAT team helps manage clients’ global indirect tax risks which, as transactional taxes, can quickly become big liabilities. We help our clients understand their indirect tax position, better manage their tax risk and compliance, we help improve their cash flow and find efficiencies through better processes, systems and controls.
As the VAT laws in the region attain maturity, it is inevitable for the companies to adopt correct practices. We, at Grant Thornton UAE, provide a platform to the private entities as well as family conglomerates to attain clear understanding of the VAT legislations and smooth running of business activities by complying with the VAT laws.
- Directly responsible for several client relationships, supporting them on a variety of business tax advisory matters. You will be their principle point of contact, working closely with them to understand business developments, ensuring they are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately and with relevant practical experience
- You’ll write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director
- You’ll lead, manage, motivate, and coach other members of the tax team, working with a great bunch of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best
- You’ll work strategically with the leadership team to drive the growth of the business and add value to the team’s financial plan and margins
Criteria for Success:
- You will have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations
- You will know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. To do this we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients
- You will seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves
- You will apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening, and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- GCC or EU VAT experience is essential, knowledge of UAE, KSA and Oman VAT law preferred
- M&A experience of transaction based deals, model VAT audit and restructuring preferred
- Strong interpersonal and presentation capability
- Excellent analytical, organization and engagement management skills
- Fluent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic and integrity
- Strong planning, organizational and inter-personal skills
- Ability to tolerate work commitment pressure
- You’ll be professionally qualified, or qualified by experience in Tax
- You’ll be technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues
- You’ll have a proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities to contribute to the Team financial plans including revenue contribution and gross profit
- You’ll demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the region
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our CLEARR values: