A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Manager Controllership”.
|Majid Al Futtaim
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject) | ACCA | CPA
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|18,000 AED – 20,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The position is responsible to ensure adequacy of internal control environment, ensuring GS delivery of services, Forecast, review and report balance sheet, review and report on receivables & collections, support department head in working capital management, Financial statement review, JV reporting and drive along with business and department head various Finance Transformation & Business process optimisation projects
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
Governance and Risk – ensuring strong internal control environment is in place and effectively manage BU Risk
- Work along with department head to ensure Risk management and Compliance framework set by Corporate is embedded and operational for SMBU.
- Provide support to COE teams in periodically reviewing SMBU DOA and Policy/Procedure documents. Further support them in embedding the changes into the system.
- Independently assess and manage all the financial risks raised by Internal audit across SMBU
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation
- Reporting on Compliance
Finance, IT and Procurement – Global Service Management
- Support department head to put in place a clear service delivery machinery from various Global service opco’s.
- Reviewing GS performance and reporting on any service delivery, governance, tax, reporting lapses.
- Work with GS to with the objective of “Continues Improvement in services and tools” which can deliver greater benefits from less investment.
- Work along with business and GS to put in place accounting process for new lines of income/ expense.
Receivables and Collections management
- Support in monitoring and reporting all aspects of receivables and collections
- Working along with department Head of finance to set collection targets and revise them on regular basis
- Take part in aggressive follow up mechanism for tracking collections along with head of finance & business and provide required support collection team.
- Review and report SMBU Cash position, explore avenues to improve the overall SMBU cash position and unearned income.
- Continuously work on improving reports and reporting capabilities in system to ensure challenges and risks are made known to head of finance and business in a timely manner. In addition, support them by putting in place right solutions.
Balance sheet Budgeting/Forecast and Working capital management
- Plan, budget, forecast and deliver receivables and unearned income areas of SMBU balance sheet
- Work along with FP&A team in preparing and submitting balance sheet and cashflow forecast/ budget along with working capital projection
- Track balance sheet and working capital performance against budget on monthly basis
Finance Transformation & Business process optimisation
- To provide support to department head in identifying areas that require transformation and business process optimisation and on an ongoing basis.
- Handle independently (start to end) agreed transformation projects
Financial statements and JV management
- Ensure that GS/ Corporate prepares and delivers on timely basis and in an accurate manner all the SMBU standalone financial statements
- Ensures that all aspects of joint ventures board reporting, including providing financial or transactional services under JV agreements are taking place in timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values across SMBU and ensure that relevant team adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
- Build the capability of staff reporting into by providing on time regular feedback including annual review on performance and identify areas of improvement / reinforcement for further development.
- Manage, guide and mentor the team reporting into and take full responsibility in identifying potential talent and timely supporting professional development.
- Lead by example – thrive to create an honest and open work environment where individuals collaborate /support each other as a team and are passionate to achieve a common business objective.
Job Dimension – (E.g. Revenue & Budget size, Sales Volume etc.)Full Time Staff 900+ across 7 countries and 29 malls; Revenue = AED3.5B per annum.
Excel Expertise Prior transformation / automation experience
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
Qualified accountant, holding CA/ ACCA/ CPA degree
5-7 years post qualification experience