|Bachelors | Masters
|3 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required
|4,000 AED – 4,500 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
APPLY NOW – CHECK THE BELOW EMAIL TO APPLY FOR A JOB
About the GAC Group
Since our beginnings in 1956, the GAC Group has been in business helping our customers’ businesses by providing the best in shipping, logistics and marine services around the world. And we have the reach, resources, expertise and experience to deliver on that promise.
Our people work hard to deliver excellence in everything we do. We are always on the look-out for professionals with qualities that match the GAC corporate philosophy. If you fit the bill, we’ll welcome you to a work environment that values experience, innovation, dedication and mutual respect, guided by the GAC Spirit which emphasises loyalty and two-way responsibility between management and staff. The GAC Group is an equal opportunity employer.
About GAC Corporate Headquarters
GAC Corporate Headquarters is located in Jebel Ali, Dubai, and hosts our support functions from HR and Finance to IT.
GAC HQ is looking for candidates for the role of HR Generalist to be based in Jebel Ali, Dubai. Could it be you?
About The Job
The function will focus on four areas: recruitment, onboarding, performance appraisals and general HR admin.
The HR Generalist will mainly focus on assisting our departments with their recruitment processes. The HR Generalist will process budget approvals to initiate recruitments, prepare job descriptions, draft job ads and screening questions, screen CVs, make the first contact with applicants, coordinate assessment tests, partake in HR interviews, and conduct background verifications/reference checks.
The HR Generalist will also assist with the onboarding process of new staff as per existing checklists. This shall include both administrative tasks, monitoring performance and conducting follow-up meetings with the new joiners.
The HR Generalist will also assist line managers, coordinating the performance appraisals and following up to make sure action points are attended to. This extends to assigning training and monitoring performance further.
General HR admin
General HR documentation and administration is required for this role relating to the above areas of task.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field is mandatory.
- Postgraduate Degree in HR in recruitment and training would be an added recommendation
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a similar role or with recruitment in the UAE.
- Extensive experience recruiting for IT roles is mandatory.
- A sound understanding of performance appraisal management is required.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience working in an HR information system.
- Being able to effectively communicate with employees and managers on all levels.
As a GAC colleague you will
- Become part of the GAC global community. We are proud of our company culture which values all employees, and recognises that there is more to them than their job title.
- Join a multinational organisation in a dynamic working environment.
- Face challenges to help both you and our organisation grow.
- Join us on our journey to a more sustainable future.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC HQ team, we look forward to receiving your application.