A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Engineer-Technical safety”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||15 – 16 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Engineering Coordinator – Safety by Design and Regulations
- Collaborates with various functions, Company, Subcontractors / Suppliers with key focus for Safety by Design in its implementation throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with regulatory approval authorities and certifying agencies in getting regulatory approvals and certifying the offshore facilities
- Participating in cross-functional and inter-office meetings to provide/ coordinate/ communicate Safety by Design inputs to disciplines like Engineering, Fabrication/ Construction, Commissioning/ Installation, HSSE, Company, Sub contractors and other stake holders, as needed.
- Timely collecting inputs and ensuring safety by design is being adopted by design, construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning as an integral starting point in all design choices
- Develop, promote and implement design improvements
- Fully aware of the Contract scope requirements and local regulations/ standards/ certifications applicable to the project
- Ensure stakeholders such as Employer’s Personnel, subcontractor’s personnel etc Participate/ contribute to safety & risk assessment review workshops like HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL, FMECA, RAMS, Bow-tie, CHAZOP, SIMPOS, TSA.
- Ensure the recommendations and outcomes of Safety by Design workshops are recorded, monitored, and implemented in the design
- Facilitates opportunities for technical innovation by his team
- Review / comment all Safety by Design deliverables
- Ensure that the Safety by Design requirements are implemented by Vendor in the project design
- Proactively identify and mitigate technical risks during project stage
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 15+ years of years of in expereince in coordinating Safety by Design and Regulatory approval for the offshore facilities
- Fully conversant with UK/ EU/ German / Dutch offshore regulations and standards, DNV and VdS requirements
- Experience in multidiscipline activities of engineering design for the offshore platforms
- Conversant with engineering interfaces and regulatory approval process
- Hands-on experience in dealing with HVDC/ HVAC projects
- Preferred to have working expereince with TenneT
- Working knowledge of offshore safety requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English, additionally German / Dutch language is preferred
- Excellent man management skills, ability to convince people, drive safety by design aspects to the all the direct and indirect stake holders
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve safety goals, planning and forecasting and to meet the schedule.