A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Head of Internal Audit”.
||Amlak Finance PJSC|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CA|
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||28,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND CRITERIA BEFORE YOU APPLY. DUE TO HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS ONLY SHORTLISTED PROFILES WILL BE CONTACTED.
- To lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive risk based audit programme in order to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control processes of AMLAK and compliance to policies, procedures and related internal controls
- Set the strategic direction of the internal audit department through the development of short and long term strategy.
- Set the department’s goals and objectives and ensure the cascading of such to reporting functions, and guide their achievement.
- Develop and implement the annual departmental budget in line with the overall company budget.
- Ensuring the appropriate and adequate departmental policies, procedures and controls are established to ensure smooth functioning of Internal Audit function.
- Ensuring that Internal Audit function is adequately structured and staffed with high calibre professionally qualified internal auditors, to carry out its duties & responsibilities in accordance with specific audit needs & requirements of the department.
- Manage the development and approval of the Internal Audit (IA) operational plan and risk based plan and performing duties necessary to achieve the Internal Audit objectives and goals.
- Supervising annual risk assessment and continually monitor the risk universe to assess the critical strategic, financial and operational risks facing the company.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with the rules & guidelines set out in Internal Audit Charter and in such a manner that is consistent with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and with the professional standards of conduct as per the code of Ethics of IIA.
- Coordinate with department heads (as applicable) and discuss audit findings for their respective area including prioritised corrective actions and recommendations for implementation.
- Ensure timely reporting of critical issues and internal controls deficiencies to senior management and the Audit Committee and provide recommendations for improving AMLAK’s operations, in terms of both efficiency and effectiveness of performance.
- Ensure follow-up on the implementation of all approved post audit recommendations and adequacy of corrective actions taken by management.
- Providing assistance and assurance to the Audit Committee in the discharge of its duties and responsibility.
- Undertake special and ad-hoc reviews and projects as per Managing Director & CEO and the Audit Committee’s directives.
- Prepare and review presentations and reports for the CEO, Audit Committee and Board as required and attending the Audit Committee meetings.
- Support the internal audit teams at AMLAK affiliate companies on similar audits, if required.
- Oversee the appointment of external auditors and co-sourced service providers. Liaise with and provide assistance to external auditors and regulatory authorities, as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the Internal Audit keeps up to date with technological and business changes in order to adjust its methods of operation and audit approach to ensure that it remains efficient and effective. This includes a constant review of Internal Audit function’s image, standards, level of professionalism and adequacy of the overall service and value to company as a whole.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors’ degree
- A Chartered accountant (CA) or CPA (Chartered Public Accountant) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent certification
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in internal auditing
Key Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates core behaviors of AMLAK for the required level: Customer Focus, Execution Efficiency, Innovation, Teamwork and Ownership
- Has understanding of emerging risk management concepts, corporate governance and internal control models/ frameworks
- Energetic and effective communicator able to partner with senior management while being independent and objective
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
Apply Now:[email protected]