A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Finance Executive”.
|Majid Al Futtaim
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CFA | ACCA
|3 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required
|7,000 AED – 8,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
This role reports to the Associate Finance Manager and is a dedicated resource for Universal releases, required to meet the very tight timelines of daily reporting to Studios.
Main responsibility is the preparation of daily distributors report that summarizes the Admissions and Gross Box Office collections of Universal titles, circulation to the team and entry into Universal’s system. Responsibilities also includes various accounting process and transactions with focus on Receivable and Payable.
Reporting Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the Daily Distributors Report for Universal releases.
- This includes accumulating and tabulating various Daily Collection Reports from Exhibitors to report the Admissions, Gross Box Office and Average Ticket Price by Exhibitor and by Territory. This includes comparison against Estimates or Targets.
- The daily report includes calculation of Net Box Office and Film Hire.
- The daily report also includes breaking down the Admits and Gross Box Office into relevant Formats, in line with the reporting requirements by Universal.
- Reports to include statistical data such as market share, % drops and others.
Accounting – Receivable
- Responsible for creating Sales Order template and submission to Landesk for Sales Invoice creation by GS-FSSC team.
- Sending Sales Invoices and SOA to Exhibitors on a weekly basis.
- Handle any reconciliations and confirmations with Exhibitors.
- Responsible for debt collection on regular basis, taking all necessary measures to avoid bad debts.
- Endorse any payment tagging to GS-FSSC team.
- Ensure that any deductions or Recharges by Exhibitors are approved, supported by relevant documents, and recorded properly in financial system.
- Handle any customer creation with GS-FSSC team.
Accounting – Payable
- Responsible for creating Purchase Requisition, in line with the policies and procedures set by Procurement Team, MAF Distribution team and/or approved in line with DOA.
- Circulation of Purchase Orders to supplier or MAF Distribution team.
- Handle Single Source Justification and Risk Acceptance Form if needed.
- Assist on any supplier inquiries, reconciliations and payment follow ups.
- Handle any vendor creation with GS-Procurement team.
- Responsible for Petty Cash management, ensuring that all spend are approved and supported by Invoice or receipts, as well as ensuring that funds are regularly replenished and recorded in financial system.
- Coordinate with Exhibitors for Daily Collection reports, Sales Invoices, reconciliation, and collections.
- Coordinate with Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) in relation to accounting activities under Receivable and Payable.
- Coordinate with Procurement team for Purchase Requisition and vendor management system.
- Coordinate with suppliers for Purchase Order requirement, payment follow ups and others.
Other Context (if Applicable)
- Be a culture ambassador that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
- Be able to deliver without supervision.
- Awareness of nature of operations and operational issues of various business units.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is a must.
- Understanding of the Cinema industry an advantage.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time wisely.
- Must be punctual and ensure accuracy in entering data.
- Flexibility to work on weekends and holidays if required by the studios.
Personal Characteristics And Required Background
- Well-rounded communication skills and ability to interface with Senior Executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach.
- With “can do” attitude.
- With integrity, great judgement, and professionalism.
- 3 years finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Finance Certifications (CPA, CFA, ACCA and equivalent) an advantage.