A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Manager-External Audit”.
||Grant Thornton – UAE|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CA | CPA | ACCA|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
We are now looking for a driven, credible and experienced Senior Manager to join Grant Thornton as an integral member of the audit team in Dubai. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to step into a rewarding and challenging position. The successful candidate will be involved in coaching and managing a high performing team, will focus on the strategic growth of the business, management of a varied client portfolio, business development activities and will ensure that all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s professional standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll work strategically with the leadership team to drive the growth of the business
- You’ll work towards gaining RI status and sign off of audits reports
- You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to support business development
- You’ll take responsibility for managing a key client portfolio and will build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- You’ll take the lead on dealing with large, technically complex clients
- You’ll provide support to Managers and Assistant Managers to ensure they maximise the teams’ potential
- You’ll support the current head of audit in the running of the department
- You’ll agree/negotiate clients fees per engagement as appropriate
- You’ll be involved in the interview process for new hires joining the ream’
- You’ll manage project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition
- You’ll achieve and maintain high quality of the audit files and deliverables in accordance with GT methodology and relevant accounting and auditing standards
- You’ll take on a leadership role within the team by working as a central point of contact whenever there is requirement of consultation in the areas of staff training, staff planner, IFRS, IDEA, Horizon or Voyager
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll have a genuine interest in working in a consultative way with our client base. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You’ll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You’ll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You’ll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You’ll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent)
- You’ll have a strong networking skills
- You’ll have a passion for business development and a desire to be involved in developing a strategy for the team
- You’ll have audit delivery experience within practice
- You’ll have experience of working on large audits and complex groups in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- You’ll have good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- You’ll have the proven ability to inspire and develop people
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments.
Becoming a collaborative community
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a collaborative community. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.