A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Engineer, Construction”.
|Company Name||ADNOC Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters (Civil Engineering)|
|Experience||8 – 10 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
ADNOC Group Overview:
ADNOC is one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us. By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life. Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was established on the 27th November 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Since its establishment, ADNOC has steadily enhanced its competitive position through its sound business interest in 18 specialist subsidiary and joint venture companies in addition to educational institutions, known as the ADNOC Group of Companies.
Today, ADNOC manages and oversees oil production of more than 3.1 million barrels per day (bpd), ranking it amongst the top ten oil and gas producing companies in the world. In the last few years, significant achievements have been made in the expansion and development of gas fields to meet the growing needs and development plans of Abu Dhabi, and in our bid to support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, which seeks diversification of Abu Dhabi’s energy supplies. ADNOC is committed to recruiting the best talent the UAE has to offer, and accordingly UAE Nationals will be preferred. All expressions of interest will be treated confidentially.
Group company overview:
We are a young and emerging upstream member of ADNOC Group, focused on unlocking undeveloped oil and gas potential in the UAE.
Al Dhafra Petroleum is a dynamic and efficient upstream company with a mandate to maximize the UAE’s natural resources. Our shareholders are ADNOC, which owns 60% of the company, with Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) and GS Energy owning the remaining 40%.
Provide professional expertise and supervise construction contractor’s activities during projects life cycle with primary focus on the construction and installation aspects of facilities to ensure full compliance with Company HSE and Quality rules, regulations and standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
Project Scope and Design Engineering
- Study the contract package to understand the scope of work to be executed and ensure that the applicable policies and procedures are in line with the Project Scope of Work.
- Participate in all phases of the Detailed Design Engineering reviews to meet technical requirements from a construction perspective and ensure its implementation during the design phase.
- Survey, investigate and identify constructability issues, as early as possible to ensure appropriate solutions at the time of implementation.
- Identify in advance specific HSE critical aspects to be considered and assessed prior implementation to ensure that the Construction work is carried out safely.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
- Supervise, control and provide professional expertise in the implementation to facilitate the smooth progress of the project meeting agreed project parameters, standards and objectives.
- Ensure that EPC Contractor complies with the agreed strategies, in line with applicable HSE, PTW and Construction procedures and methods.
- Ensure effective coordination for the access and work permit procedures and authorization of personnel within the construction area.
- Review materials provided by Contractor to match the approved drawings and specifications.
- Verify and recommend payment of invoices, variations and settlements in all stages of the project then escalated to the Seniors/Department Manager for the necessary approvals.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
- Coordinate between PMT, End User and Contractor in order to ensure the smooth and efficient progress of the Project.
- Coordinate with project team members including proponent departments during project execution with regards to progress of the construction to provide up to date status report.
- Escalate to seniors any technical and operational changes that arise during construction in order to make the necessary steps in resolving issues.
- Interface with End Users and Contractor for inspection of machineries and equipment (e.g. lifting equipment, vehicles, electrical tools, lifting gears, motorized equipment, etc.) in order to ensure that the Contractors’ equipment is safe for use within the Plant.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders and the concerned project team in areas related to construction safety, quality and operational aspects to ensure construction work at sites, are in compliance with project specifications, approved drawings and overall standards.
- Arrange material inspection activities by scheduling and coordinating with relevant team members and reporting compliance to ensure appropriate and maximum utilization of construction materials.
Specific Accountabilities (Part 4)
- Supervise and monitor contractors’ work of construction/installation activities to ensure that the project is carried out in an efficient manner meeting time, schedule, quality and in consistent with approved procedures, standards and safety framework.
- Verify and endorse the monthly construction activities’ progress report and recommend solutions to improve Contractor performance. Identify anticipated bottlenecked situations well in advance to propose appropriate solutions.
- Participate in tender preparation, pre-qualification, bid evaluation and award with the aim of ensuring the fulfilment of technical objectives, safety & quality requirements, budget & schedule.
Policies, Processes, Systems, Procedures, and Controls
- Implement and ensure that Contractor’s comply with approved Project policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Project work programs in line with Company and International standards.
Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations
Specific Accountabilities (Part 5)
- Monitor and control the execution of Projects to ensure to eliminate the possibility of Contractors claiming any cost variation charges that exceed the Contract Value.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Project in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of Construction Projects.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls, applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Reports to Manager, Engineering Services. Closely works with Senior Manager Projects (Haliba). Has strong working relationship with similar rank/job title in the Al Dhafra Petroleum organization and outside the Projects & Engineering Division.
External Communications & Working Relationships
- Frequent contacts with service contractors, suppliers and vendors. Contacts with shareholder technical representatives and OPCO have to exchange information and specific trends for business improvement and operational best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in construction activities within a large industrial organization, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
- Sound knowledge of HSE principles and their application in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience in preparation, review of discipline engineering documents and manage / supervision of Contractors / vendors works in the projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and influence at different levels of the organization.
- Business Acumen
- Communication, negotiation and persuasion Analytical thinking and Negotiation skills.
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work under pressure.
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity and dust during occasional site visits.
Job Family / Sub Family:Operations / Exploration & Development Operations