A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Accountant”.
||FURCHILD Pet Nutrition|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject) | CPA | CMA | ACCA|
|Experience||2 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,000 AED – 6,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
About The Company
We are the first and only fresh, healthy pet food producer and subscription service in the UAE. We make fresh human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog or cat’s nutritional needs and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through our carefully crafted meals, dogs and cats can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives. We have become one of UAE’s fastest growing startups after being founded by a husband and wife team in 2017, who are massive pet lovers. We are now the UAE’s leading natural pet food subscription service. Improving the health and pleasing the taste buds of pets all over the UAE.
The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and conducting cyclical audits. Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a strong business acumen.
- Post Sales, Purchases, Expenses, Receipts, Payments and Journal Entries to the Bookkeeping System.
- Ensure that the accurate VAT impact has been captured when recording transactions.
- Maintain electronic and physical files for every transaction posted.
- Reconcile Payables, Receivables, Bank & Cash and POS & Payment Gateway Statements.
- Monitor incoming Vendor bills against Orders issued and identify Price Deviations, as per defined criteria.
- Perform the monthly closing of Books of Accounts within the reporting deadlines.
- Contribute to and maintain the internal reporting structure and ensure reports are issued on time.
- Identify areas of improvement within the Company to improve work efficiency and reduce waste of time and resources.
- Review and assess actual product batch cost against computed cost, evaluate variances and identify causes for variances.
- Work with the IT Department to ensure data capture is structured and accurate to allow other departments access to reliable data points and information.
- Initiate and carry out ad-hoc projects to support the Finance Department and the Company as and when instructed by the CEO or CFO.
- Be committed to upskilling yourself through relevant Continuous Professional Development activities.
- Reflect our values in all things
- Value patience, manage pressure and meet deadlines.
- Spreadsheet wizard.
- Be articulate in speech and writing.
- Excellence in grammar required #grammarpolice.
- Attention to detail – accuracy is a must!
- Well organised personally and at work.
- Identify areas that need action, before they become an issue.
- Compete with yourself for professional improvement and to achieve more impactful workplace goals.
- Problem solver: cutting through to the core of a problem and figuring out how to fix it energizes you.
- A sense of humour (it helps!)
- Passion for startups, e-commerce and/or pets!
- Proficiency in English is mandatory both verbally and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited three-year college or university.
- A professional qualification in Accountancy with an active membership.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, e-commerce or fulfilment & last-mile.
- Application of cost-accounting principles, with a focus on food or manufacturing.
- Interest in working in a pet-friendly, fast-moving environment.
If you are confident that you have the necessary skills to excel in your role as an Accountant and if you want to be a member of a fun and innovative company. then send your CV now.