A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Financial Analyst”.
|Company Name||Ghassan Aboud Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree| Masters Degree | MBA | CFA|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||7,000 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
1. Excellent Excel Skills: with good proficiency in using pre-defined formulas, creating charts, building macros, etc. Also, knowledge of VBA along with another programming language (such as Python).
2. Knowledge of Basic Accounting Concepts: A financial modeler will be required to prepare investment appraisals & business models using various financial techniques like DCF, NPV, IRR, etc.
3. Problem-Solving Ability: Ability to solve problems by creating financial models, ability to build a robust model, ensuring that solving the problem at hand doesn’t lead to another problem.
4. Time Management: It is another key aspect of financial modeling. An analyst will not be praised even after building an effective financial model if it is not completed within the stipulated time frame. So, a financial model analyst should be able to manage time to taste success in this career path.
5. Ability to Build a Model that is Easy to Understand: The model should be such that it aids the decision-making process of the organization. So, the analyst should build the model so that the decision-makers can understand the model easily and make an informed decision, model should include clear assumptions, revenue and cost drivers, sensitivity drivers, and easy-to-update progress.
- Build financial models in excel based on historical information and other available industry-specific operating metrics.
- Conduct scenario analysis based on microeconomic and macroeconomic factors to access business risk.
- Evaluate companies using various financial valuation methods, such as DCF, comparable company analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Ensure the new models’ accuracy while enhancing the existing models’ quality.
- Recommend and implement process improvement measures.
- Identify key financial and non-financial risks and advise mitigants for those risks.
- Conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis with the intent to support investment activities.
- Update the financial models after changes in assumptions or other similar corporate actions.
- Analyze and identify data required to support model tracking.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or accounting
- Cas or MBAs or CFAs (gets preference)
- Financial modeling certification gets preference.
- Minimum experience of 3 to 5 years working preferably with firms (Big 4rs, PE & M&A) that are concerned with corporate finance transactions. Experience primarily means working knowledge of building a financial model from scratch, wherein the analyst is familiar with all the practical challenges and knows how to overcome them. Having good knowledge of using infographics to showcase the output to different stakeholders.