A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IT Director”.
|One and Only Resorts
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CPA | CFE | CIA
|7 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required
|25,000 AED – 30,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Behold the dawn of a new, all-encompassing resort experience in Dubai – One&Only One Za’abeel. A vibrant hub for business, a magnetic stage for entertainment, and a haven for inner-city wellness, this new Dubai resort will be more than a trailblazing icon of the skyline, and it will be an utterly unrivalled urban oasis. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
The IT Director is responsible for managing and effectively operating the daily operations of the resort’s information technology and telecommunications. This is a “hands-on” position, serving as both an individual contributor, and a manager of internal and external resources, to meet the position’s responsibilities. As a member of the property leadership, the colleague contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support the property and technology information resources objectives. Position is responsible for the property for all technology planning, PCI & GDPR compliance, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. Manage property IT and AV teams and vendors, manage IT requirements for guests, owners, and Executive Committee and colleagues. Collaborate closely with Global Office IT team. This is a multi-brand complex, which requires the colleague to ensure seamless integration and data flow between the systems.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyses information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Inspects and ensures the maintenance of the IT equipment or the IT environment.
- Ensures that computer and network operations are monitored at the property.
- Ensure backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis.
- Manages IT activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
- Follows brand standards for system make, model, configuration as well as for processes.
- Maintain inventories of hardware, software, software licenses, vendors and support & maintenance contracts.
- Maintains user access to systems, including validating approvals of access requests/changes/removals, and timely action to avoid impact on business or risk. These systems include (but are not limited to):
- PMS / POS / S&C
- Finance systems
- File system
- SPA / Golf / Retail
- Provides or manages IT related training.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Enforces IT policies and standards protecting company hardware, software, confidential data, and other resources at the property, including maintaining GPDR and PCI compliance.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, operational budget, and capital requirements.
- Undertakes, as required, cost benefit analysis of all IT related expenses and identifies opportunities for cost savings.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any property projects on schedule, on budget and according to specification.
- Ensures problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked, and solved, with the system user being always informed of the situation.
- Ensures regular on-going communication in all areas of responsibility to executives, peers, subordinates, owner representatives, partners, and Global Office IT on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job, in line with company direction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Provides technical expertise and support to colleagues and guests.
- Works with Purchasing Manager to ensure all IT-related purchase requests are in line with Company policy and the required quotations are obtained.
- Works with the Global IT Office on company roll-outs, implementation of new systems and IT service & security requirements.
- Maintains a rolling 5-year CAPEX plan to ensure new projects as well as replacement is done in an organized and well-communicated manner.
- Assists with any other duties as required by the management team.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Previous experience as an IT professional is required.
- Degree or Diploma /Accreditation in IT or related field from a recognized institute is preferred.
- Previous experience working in the hospitality industry is required.
- Proven time management & project management skills.
- Good communication and internal/external customer service skills.
- A team player.
- Ability to work autonomously and to manage own workload effectively.
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal) is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to respond to urgent service issues and outages.
- Excellent organizational, follow-through, and communication skills.
- Exceptional problem resolution abilities.
- Strong positive team leadership and guest interaction skills.
- Enthusiastic, driven, and self-motivated.
- Strong technical background, with specific requirements as follows:
- Detailed knowledge of operating systems including current versions of Windows server and desktop OS
- Knowledge in management & operations of PMS (Opera), POS (Simphony), PABX/Voicemail/Call Accounting, HRIS, Sales & Catering, Agilisys preferred
- Telecommunications knowledge and experience, including VOIP and videoconferencing.
- Network architecture and systems design knowledge and experience, including VMWare and Wireless infrastructure, IPTV and VLAN.
- Patching through SCCM or equivalent patch management.
- Certification or equivalent experience in one of more of the following: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, PMP ITIL desired.
- Familiarity with Audio/Visual systems an asset.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.