A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Chief Accountant”.
||Ali and Sons Holding LLC|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject)|
|Experience||2 – 4 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,000 AED – 6,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Ali & Sons Holding is a diversified conglomerate established in 1979 and has a strong presence in the automotive, car rental, commercial, oil & gas, retail, construction, property management, hospitality, manufacturing, marine engineering, and information technology industries.
At Ali & Sons, our people are at the center of everything we do. They are engaged, curious and are driven to excellence by a supportive and collaborative environment that recognizes hard work and rewards top talent.
If you are someone who loves a challenge that requires you to innovate and learn new things every day, read on.
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of Staff engaged in recording, summarizing and reporting accounting transactions to maintain accounting and statistical records.
- Maintain the books of accounts, records, supporting documents, vouchers and produce timely and accurate management accounts and financial statements.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Accounts & Finance Manager in his absence.
- Provide all accounting services in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain financial and accounting records of the company and ensure that accounting transactions are processed properly in the accounting system.
- Adhere to accounting policies and procedures manuals and ensure that the Department Staff apply them.
- Maintain control over cash in banks and cash collections.
- Maintain control over accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure that suppliers provide the company with statements of accounts on a monthly basis and that these are reconciled to accounts payable in the sub-ledger.
- Verify all payments, receipts and invoices for the Companies.
- Ensure that adequate controls are applied to safeguard the assets of the company and appropriate records are kept for assets owned and possessed by the Company.
- Review payroll report and ensure its accuracy.
- Review bank reconciliation and resolve any long outstanding items in liaison with related Departments.
- Control expenditures of the Company.
- Monitor budget implementation as directed by the Accounts & Finance Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
- Coordinate with external auditors and facilitate their work.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Accounts & Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, etc.)
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years work experience in Accounting with Supervisory responsibilities in Automotive sector
- Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic is an advantageous
- Software: ERP / Oracle is highly preferable. Computer literate and possesses strong skills in computerized accounting systems
We aim to provide an exceptional job applicant experience but cannot do it without you. Before you apply, please take the time to carefully read the job description to ensure you are a good fit for this role and why this opportunity is right for you.
We would love to connect with all of you but due to the high volume of applications, would only be reaching out to the shortlisted applicants.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourage everyone to apply. Come join us to be part of a winning team.