A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Finance Manager”.
|Company Name||Sport in Life Distribution|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters | CA | CPA|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Girot Trading Co LLC is a dynamic sports distribution company widely recognised as an industry leader. We are based in Dubai and work throughout the GCC as a B2B distributor. We are proud to represent some of the world’s leading sports brands including BMC, Polar, 2XU, GU, Alé Cycling, BBB Cycling, Joma and Slazenger as well as Equestrian brands including Zilco, Polymoule, Toklat and Jacks.
Separate to the B2B Distribution, we have an independent company trading under the name of GRIT+TONIC.com that focusses on B2C e-commerce and traditional retail. Although operating as a separate entity it shares premises and resources with Girot Trading Co LLC.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to take up the senior Financial management role that will work across both companies. The successful candidate will have responsibility and ownership of the financial accounting system, data, policies and leadership of small team of finance professionals and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. You will be comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner and providing regular financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have at least 7-10 years demonstrable experience as a Finance Manager and a CPA/CA qualification from a recognised professional accounting body. You will be energetic, confident, enthusiastic and passionate about the role.
Summary of key responsibilities
· Lead the Finance team, providing expertise, guidance and direction.
· Create a positive, supportive and dynamic working environment
· Schedule, allocate and manage work within the finance team
· Manage staff and ensure checks and structure is in place so that work is performed efficiently, accurately and is completed by agreed deadlines.
· Identify training needs of direct reports and implement appropriate training and development programmes
· Ensure all financial and statutory reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner
· Preparation of monthly, weekly and daily MI for senior management team
· Cash Flow, Receivables and Payables management
· Develop QC procedures for Finance Team
· Follow and advise on GAAP accounting rules and principles
· QC and monitor data entered into SAP B1
· Ensure transactions are correctly classified according to chart of accounts
· Advise on any required changes to accounts structure and chart of accounts as may be required to facilitate efficiency improvements or improved reporting
· Ensure SAP is being leveraged to provide accounting and operational efficiencies
· Identify risks within the financial accounting area and ensure that proper controls are in place to mitigate and eliminate this risk
· Develop a process driven culture within the Finance department and wider teams.
· Regularly review processes to ensure compliance, efficiency and continual improvement
· Responsible for delivering annual audit and liaising with audit stake holders
· Manage payroll and WPS
· Calculation of gratuity and EOS provisions
· Manage financial aspects of medical insurance including reconciling starters, leavers and non-company members
· Responsible for producing and managing annual budget.
· Liaise with relevant stakeholders from Sales, Operations and Management as required to get inputs for developing annual budget
· Facilitate and lead quarterly review of budget
· Monthly analysis of budget versus actual performance along with relevant MI reporting
· Preparation of ad hoc reports for management & sales team
· Project work for Finance related initiatives
· Responsible for completing, submitting and managing all tax returns
· Submit all tax returns on time
· Liaise with relevant stakeholders as required
· Be aware of relevant changes in UAE and wider GCC tax policies
· Establish and maintain relationships with all Banking and Finance partners
· Ensure all obligations to Banking and Finance partners are met
· Manage banking facilities, renewals, negotiations and reviews
· Responsible for managing STL facilities including applications, extensions, repayments and any other related activities
· Oversee Corporate activities including Contracts, Insurance, Trade License, Amendments, Government Regulation, etc
· Develop a structure of good corporate governance for the Finance department through Policy and Education
· Represent Girot Trading with Banks, Funding Bodies, Partners, Auditors, Suppliers and other third parties
· Professional Accounting Qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent)
· 7-10 years’ experience in similar role including managing a team of accountants.
· Extremely strong analytical and organisational skills
· Proactive approach to the management of the accounting team.
· Strong leadership skills that can inspire and motivate others
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Professional presentation and conduct
· Must be responsible and self-managed
· Experience with SAP Business One is desirable