A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Regional Finance Manager”.
|Company Name||The Kanoo Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Kanoo Shipping was one of the first shipping agencies in the Arabian Gulf Region commencing business in 1912. Since then, it has grown into one of the largest regional shipping agencies in the Middle East. We handle over 20,000 ship calls every year through the company’s professional network, which covers all ports in the GCC, Suez Canal, Indian sub-continent, and East/South Africa.
Our offices span across the GCC region including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE, Oman as well as India and South Africa.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Regional Finance Manager with practical and academic accolades to match his or her industry experience. The incumbent will be part of our management team and based in our Head Office in Dubai, UAE.
This is a leadership role where you will be responsible for various regions including the management of diverse teams. You will support the VP Finance and taking full responsibility for the financial management and control of our offices in the GCC region (Bahrain, UAE, Saudi, Oman) as well as India & South Africa.
Reporting to: Vice President Finance – Kanoo Shipping
- Responsible for Balance sheet and P&L management with monthly reporting and corrective actions, as required.
- Ensuring all accounting entries adhere to IFRS, internal company procedures as well as Tax & VAT compliance by country.
- Monthly management packs and variance analysis on business KPI’s.
- Regular engagement with Country Managers and Finance Heads to drive best practices, business profitability as well as corrective action.
- Costings and feasibility studies.
- Staff management with direct responsibility for the Dubai based finance staff.
- Change management in terms of people, processes, and systems.
- Streamlining, improving, and standardizing existing procedures, financial processes, policies, and controls.
- Compiling of procedure/training manuals covering all finance related actions.
- Setting of priorities and deadlines for the regional finance teams with regular monitoring, feedback, and corrective action.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Hands-on, practical, and “no-nonsense”, but fair approach.
- Analytical mindset and skills.
- Exceptional relationship management capabilities with staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage, mentor and develop team members
- Excellent communication skills, a strong leader and team player.
Educational Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- The ideal candidate must hold a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Commerce (B.Com) in Accounting/Finance from an internationally recognized university.
- Completed articles from an Accounting or Audit firm would be an added advantage.
- CIMA certification will be beneficial.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior finance management role in a Manufacturing, FMCG or Shipping business.
- Prior SAP experience is advantageous.
- Previous staff management experience and appropriate skills are essential.
- Partnering & relationship building to lead and motivate staff to deliver results.
- Excellent MS office knowledge, specifically, Advanced Excel & PowerPoint