A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Contracts Engineer”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
JOB SUMMARY & SCOPE
- Review scopes of work, assist in development of suitable pricing structures, prepare tender documents with suitable conditions whilst ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Formulate suitable tender strategies depending upon the scope, value, type and time schedule, with inclusion of the proposed bidders list for committee approval.
- Develop, issue and administer tenders for approved strategies and required contracts.
- Coordinate technical evaluations, conduct commercial evaluations, and obtain Bid Committee approval for award.
- Prepare Letters of Intent and Contracts
- Carry out post award contract administration
- Reports to the Contracts Manager – Projects
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working within the Company’s Projects Team, conduct the full end to end contracting process from concept to close-out for high value complex contracts.
- Actively participate in strategy formulation and drafting of contract strategies for approval.
- Draft tender documents in collaboration with the project team members. Review technical documents for inclusion within tenders and propose amendments to align with contract requirements and terminology. Assist Projects team in selecting criteria for bid evaluation.
- Perform bid administration functions: coordinate responses and issuance of clarifications and amendments to tenders. Conduct overall review of the technical bids for completeness, follow-up with tenderers for missing documents and facilitate technical/ commercial clarifications.
- Arrange and coordinate technical evaluation of bids by Projects team members. Finalize technical evaluation submissions and obtain approval for the commercial bid opening.
- Assist Project Controls Team as required for preparation of price comparisons and sensitivity analysis for complex price structures to obtain the best commercial option. Propose recommended bidder for award through consultation with Contracts Manager – Projects. Prepare Bid Committee submission to obtain approval for commercial evaluation and award of the contract.
- Conduct day to day administration and management of contracts, correspondence and documents; filing – hard copy and electronic, recording and management of minutes of meeting, etc.
- Analyze and make recommendations for the analysis of entitlement to Variations and settlement of claims, time extension requests etc.
- Post contract administration of project contracts
- Through consultation with the Contracts Manager – Projects, advise in implementing contract requirements and interpreting contract terms
- Ensures that completion certificates and performance evaluations are prepared and duly signed upon completion of contracted work.
- Obtain feedback from projects team for implementing future improvements in contracts.
- Champion implementation of Company safety, security, environment and quality policies and programs in contracting
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- University Degree in Engineering / Supply Chain / Sciences or related field.
- MCIPS or other equivalent designations and credentials will be an advantage
- 10-12 years max. professional experience working on high value complex O&G projects, executing Pre and Post Award Contract Management on Major Construction Projects with individual Contract Values >$10M up to $500M and total project values >$100M.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience reviewing and assessing claims for high value complex contracts would be an asset.
- Must have had experience working from pre-award stage on major EPC O&G projects.
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Strong planning and coordination skills.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality results for high value contracts.
- Experience working in large multi-national corporations will be an advantage