A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Civil Engineer”.
|Al Futtaim Engineering and Technologies
|BSc Degree (Civil Engineering)
|6 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|10,000 AED – 12,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Job Requisition ID: 146282
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The Role
The civil engineer will be responsible for all phases of FM Civil construction projects, including coordinating with Client, Inhouse team, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is done as per contract requirements with quality, on schedule and within budget.
What You Will Do
Key Accountability 1: FM Civil Maintenance Service Delivery.
- Monitors and reports on all phases of construction to ensure that implementation are carried out in accordance with specifications, compliance with appropriate building codes, local authorities and project requirements.
- Direct and guide Supervisors / Technicians to their respective assigned duties, that all personnel are present at their assigned areas when they are scheduled to work
- Monitors a comprehensive maintenance schedule to ensure continuity and smooth flow of repairs/ modifications of all assigned sites/buildings as per requirements in compliance with approved materials.
Key Accountability 2: Customer Service
- Contribute to the development of a customer focused service and a positive corporate image, including the maintenance of good working relationship with client, client representatives.
- Achieve and enhance customer satisfaction by meeting and /or exceeding the customer requirements.
Key Accountability 3: Financial
- Manage in the area of productivity improvement and potential cost saving measures.
Key Accountability 4: People
- Direct employees in construction and maintenance procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency, as well as compliance with all applicable regulations and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Manage and monitors the performance of direct report and provides guidance as and when required.
Key Accountability 5: Process Management
- Establish and implement “best practices” and focuses on continuous improvement.
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Skills in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and to compare them with construction progress.
- Skills in both verbal and written communications, Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Viewpoint
What Equips You For The Role
- B.Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Understanding of FM / Civil contracts.
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.