A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Accountant and Document Controller”.
||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | CA | CMA|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Majid Al Futtaim Properties invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, and Hospitality pioneer across the Middle East, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The position is responsible for the timely, accurate and complete processing of all payments for SMBDU and ensuring it is in compliance with MAFP’s Policies and Procedures, vendor invoice/contract terms, as well as the MAFP DOA. It is also responsible documentation control for Development control department and Fixed assets department.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Timely reconciling the cross Charges (Staff and other expenses) btw entities including JVs and generating the respective billings.
- Timely following up and coordination on project & COE payments with GS team and maintain a reliable payment tracker.
- Prepare variances analysis reports btw Budget Vs. actuals before & after actual monthly closing.
- Timely and accurate processing of Project payments.
- Maintain the centralized projects invoice tracking tools for all SMBDU project & COE.
- Assisting in the preparation of the yearly budget, quarter forecast and 5yr strategic plan.
- Uploading the budget, Forecast and Strategic plan into Hyperion system.
- Maintain records of projects related bonds and handle the bonds safe.
- Reconcile project sub-ledger with GL on monthly basis and resolve any discrepancy.
- Prepare and monitor retention and advances schedules to ensure that contract retentions are withheld / released in accordance with the contractual terms and that appropriate advance recovery has been obtained.
- Monitor projects related accrual balances ensuring correctness as well as completeness; and clear any long pending issues.
- Provide required assistance in implementation of new financial systems, interfaces, and/or system improvement as well as similar initiatives.
- Review on an ongoing basis the application of MAFP Development and Capitalization Policy to ensure the correctness of the carrying value of CWIP assets.
- Ensure Development transactions are in compliance with IFRS/IAS, local tax/legal regulations, MAFP Policies and Procedures, authorized according to applicable DOA.
- Implement audit recommendations related to Development area on timely basis.
- Support SMBDU Finance Team in all internal documentation (Board, CEC, and Monthly reporting documentation).
Disclaimer: This role description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the role identified and shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of all the work requirements inherent to success in the role.
Personal Characteristics And Required Background
- 5+ years’ experience in Developments and Projects Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or other relevant business discipline.