A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Manager Development”.
|Majid Al Futtaim
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|5 – 8 years of Relevant Experience Required
|18,000 AED – 20,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|Medical Insurance | Performance Based Bonus
Assist the Development Director (“DD”) or Senior Development Manager (“SDM”) in due diligence, business plan, joint venture document (where appropriate) feasibility studies, master plan, infrastructure plans, product mix and design. Coordinate with sales, marketing as well as the project management team. Assist with the management of internal or external teams in successfully executing commercially viable development options. Work closely with finance and project management as a team member in support of the Development Director and Senior Development Manager. Support the development and implementation of Development Policies & Procedures across the Business Unit. Contribute and provide guidance to others in the implementation of the Communities Business Unit’s development philosophy. “Project”- Can be a New Project, Landbank or Existing Project.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Assist with preparation of feasibilities and business plans.
- Assist the DD/SDM in identifying and defining scope and strategy for delivery of the development pipeline including legal, financial, market research, strategic marketing, sales, project management, architects, planners, and all engineering disciplines
- Assist the DD/SDM with managing with the master planning and infrastructure teams while working cross functionally with finance in creating a profitable overall feasibility program
- Gather all required financial data and assist the DD/SDM in development and regular update of feasibility models to set business plan strategy and monitor success against target KPI’s
- Assist with the management of product definition, project brief, design brief, cost estimation and budgeting initiatives with the help of Project Management and other functions within the company
- Prepare and update regular development reporting and development risk register for submission to the DD/SDM.
- Support management with Architect and other design consultant selection with the advice and consent of the DD/SDM. Carry out the procurement and commercial management of planning and design consultants.
- Assist with the identification and documentation of business risks including political risk. Analyse, evaluate and rank overall risk exposure, including technical, financial and human resources. Assist in risk mitigation measures to ensure that the business cases are secure to meet profit and margin targets
- Support the DD in being responsible for the health and safety of the entire team.
- Provide support in regular feedback with regard to Project Feasibility and Business Plans including project status, risks and approved feasibility hurdle rate to relevant executive management
- Team involvement: support the DD/SDM in fostering a collaborative team environment
- Undergraduate degree in property/construction, architecture, planning, urban design or engineering
- Graduate degree or a keen understanding of real estate finance, finance, business administration or equivalent
- 5- 8 years relevant experience out of which 3 years should be at an equivalent Management level at a recognized real estate and property development business
- 3-5 years Management Experience in real estate development within residential, commercial, retail, entertainment and/or hospitality industries
- Middle East Experience
- Understanding of real estate finance, feasibilities, and business plans
- Understanding of planning, urban design, architectural and infrastructure design, and project management
- Understanding of corporate governance, organizational management & leadership
- Reporting & strategic planning
- Understand software applications such as Excel, Estate Master, MS Project, Powerpoint, and others
- Good Communication & Presentation skills
- Good Planning, organizational and project management skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Budgeting and future planning skills
- Good understanding of software and business tools
- Good understanding of construction technology
- Strong numerical literacy skills for valuation, appraisal, and feasibility models