A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Group Head of Accounting”.
|Qualification||Masters Degree | Bachelors Degree | ACCA | ACA | CPA|
|Experience||15 – 16 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||30,000 AED – 35,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Who We Are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What You Will Be Doing
Our Group Head of Accounting is responsible for leading and supervising the entire Accounting community across the Group.
- Develop the annual business plan for Accounting ensuring alignment with the Group’s strategic objectives
- Formulate and regularly communicate the Accounting function’s performance and objectives, ensuring progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Drive best practice, innovation and automation where possible
- Oversee and lead the operations of Accounting as well as provide technical support, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and team satisfaction
- Monitor and recommend relevant actions on the yearly budgets of Accounting
- Develop and ensure implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll
- Review and offer continuous improvement to the financial statements close process
- Liaise with external auditors involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- Establish system controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems
- Works closely with the Country Finance teams, to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Analyse and interpret financial reporting data from Countries, evaluates reasonableness of data provided
- Data includes monthly management accounts (TDB – tableau de Board), cash flows, credit control, capex monitoring, budgets and their revisions, business case presentations
- Communicate and regular presents findings to the Group’s leadership
- Define the Accounting team’s Competency Framework to identify key competency requirements as well as gaps and put in place actions to bridge any potential future gaps
- Assign and evaluate individual objectives for employee performance, empower teams, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure team satisfaction levels through continuous coaching, mentoring and talent development
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Solid influencing and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build relationships across the business
- Have a strong drive to socialize the Group’s Accounting function
- Strong leadership acumen and ability to be decisive regarding key initiatives
- Prior Big 4 experience within Audit is a must
- Previous accounting transformation experience is ideal
- Prior experience leading large/ remote teams
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience, with at least 5 years in a similar role
- Professional accounting qualification is a must; ACA, ACCA, CPA
What We Can Offer You
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every daywear recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.