A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Marketing Manager”.
|Majid Al Futtaim
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|18,000 AED – 20,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|Medical Insurance | Performance Based Bonus
This main responsibility of the role is to oversee the marketing function for studio film releases, in developing and implementing creative and innovative regional marketing plans to drive an effective strategy across marketing, partnerships, data, digital and publicity initiatives.
The position requires effective management of the marketing team as well as key relationships with relevant stakeholders and partners to maximize exposure in the region for all studio film releases resulting in high performance in admissions, box office and ultimately profitability
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
. Manage development and implementation of high impact marketing programs for ATL and BTL channels
. Implement campaigns to Identify and capitalize on opportunities to create demand within the market, grow market share substantially with improved admissions and box office
. Brand partnerships – work with the Partnerships Manager to secure partnerships that deliver incremental advertising exposure
. Brand management & communications – ensures consistent marketing messages are communicated in all advertising and collateral efforts, ensuring brand/movie guidelines are adhered to at all cinemas, by partners and media, and create exciting collateral and marketing materials that are fresh and innovative
. Prepare end of campaign reports detailing campaign highlights
. Adhoc projects as requested by the Managing Director and Marketing Director
· Work with local media to secure coverage on upcoming movie titles
· Work with PR Agency to ensure interest and exposure from media and influencers
· Identify and engage with influencers to create awareness and drive intention to watch
· Distribute materials to media for placement in publications in accordance with WB guidelines
· Invite media and influencers to Premieres and special screenings
· Manage events with media, partners and brands to achieve maximum exposure
· Organize and manage end to end movie premieres for MAF Distribution
· Negotiate barter deals with media publications including online, print, TV and radio
· Oversee the development of full scope digital marketing plans to drive fan engagement across online platforms
· Work with the marketing team to execute digital campaign components across multiple territories, from trailer launch, campaign strategy and main campaign
· Engage with studio, partners and agencies to execute impactful and cost-effective digital and social media plans
· Help maintain relationships with key digital promotional partners and work with them on promotional activities, content creation, exclusive events and other partnership opportunities
· Media planning – ensuring effective use of resources for movie plans to maximize spend and awareness of each title
· Work with media agency to deliver comprehensive campaigns across channels targeting key audiences
· Secure competitive rates across all channels
· Optimize each campaign to drive box office revenue and admissions targets
· Tracking, measurement and analysis of campaign results; use analysis for campaign optimization and continued improvement
Data and Research
· Use social listening to report on film awareness levels and intention to purchase prior to release
· Use data tools to identify and target key audience segments
· Provide in-depth analysis measuring the success of campaigns/tools and communicate the results to all relevant stakeholders
· Conduct tracking and analysis on each film release to assess awareness and intention to watch levels
· Initiate and manage adhoc research projects to deliver valuable insights to the business aimed at improving film performance
· Liaise with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to MAFD department heads, MAF Cinemas, MAF business units and studio regional offices to ensure success in the role
· Build collaborative cross functional relationships with trade and Exhibitor marketing representatives, actively remove silos and barriers to effective campaign performance and drive results.
· Liaise with partners, studio head office, licensors & media in early pre-planning stages to formulate robust marketing plans that are uploaded onto the studio systems for approval.
. Maintain and develop strong relationships with Regional Office to ensure excellent working relationships
. Build effective relationships with MAF business units to ensure delivery of the ‘Studio Added Value Package’
. Identify opportunities for incremental exposure within MAF businesses
Team and Leadership
· Build the studio marketing function
· Be a visible, reliable figurehead within the marketing function internally and externally.
· Support the tempo of the business and create a working environment that is aligned with MAF values whilst being productive, driven, motivated, positive and professional for all team members to see
· Responsible for managing, coaching and developing direct reports.
· Monitor all activity, spend, revenue and identify ways to maintain and improve profitability.
· Ensure that all film campaigns are within budget and deliver maximum added value
· Movie box office performance will be assessed on the following KPI’s:
· Box office forecasting accuracy
· MAF Distribution media exposure
· Film share
Other Context (if applicable):
· Proven history of successful studio or independent film release marketing at a senior level (preferred).
· Demonstrated commercial mindset and the ability to translate performance into tangible and demonstrable outcomes.
. Detail-oriented (detailed audience analysis, research, insight generation as well as with embargoes, media buying, creative etc.)
. Must be able to communicate information about releases to key stakeholders, both internal and external partners.
. Actively seeks to gain additional expertise in industry
. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to maintain high-level of customer service and positive attitude.
. Demonstrated experience working in a fast growing and project driven environment
. Demonstrates initiative, assumes responsibility for managing territories/media, including building relationships with internal and external customers
· Possess strong people management skills with a proven history of successfully managing and developing marketing teams
· Proactive problem solving and negotiation skills
· Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
· Creative and innovative thinker
· Strong people management & leadership
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
· At least 10 years marketing experience within the Entertainment or F&B Industry with a demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives and manage key business relations.
University degree in a related field.