A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Subcontracts Engineer”.
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs. This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER – SUBCONTRACTS
- Activities related to works during project execution until close-out:
- Responsible for submission of valid Bonds and Insurances by Subcontractors and maintain their validity.
- Review and comment monthly reports submitted by subcontractors.
- Maintain database of important correspondence between Petrofac and Subcontractors according to set procedures.
- Prepare correspondence to subcontractors on contractual and commercial matters.
- Support project and construction team in the interpretation of subcontractor’s scope and other terms and conditions.
- Support the Subcontract Manager in the initiation and preparation of variations and claims with subcontractor. Assist in providing all necessary supporting documents to defend the claim.
- Handle Subcontractors’ variation orders requests including scope disputes and close-out in coordination with Project team members.
- Verify study and prepare answer to subcontractor’s claims and counterclaims in coordination with Project team.
- Assist project and responsible team members in risk assessment identification and mitigation related to subcontractor’s works.
- Verify and certify subcontractor’s invoices.
- Manage subcontractor’s back-charges.
- Prepare additional subcontract agreement / work orders with other parties in case of main subcontractor’s default.
- Prepare notices and certificates required under the terms and conditions of subcontracts.
- Provide inputs for budgeting and cost control.
- Responsible to issue Fields/ Site instructions and ensure that implementation is done according to subcontract procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring incentive scheme with subcontractors.
- Ensure adherence to set procedures.
- Supports to develop and monitor relevant subcontractor KPI’s.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Responsible for subcontract close-out.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- A graduate university degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 12-14 years of work experience in administration and management of Contracts or Subcontracts and in finalization of various Subcontract Agreements.
- A relevant experience or Project Management of similar EPC jobs shall be considered as well.
- Risk awareness
- Quality conscious
- Cost conscious
- Communication skills
- Negotiations skills
- Analytical Skills
- Result Oriented
- Team skills
- Proactive approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of technical and commercial disciplines related to oil and gas development Projects.
- Exposure to EPC environment.
- Knowledge of legal and contractual laws governing Projects.
- Computer skills.
- Good command of the English language with writing skills aptitude.