A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Instrumentation and Control Engineer”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Cost Engineering)
|10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required
|15,000 AED – 16,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
- Ensures Instrumentation and Control system engineering deliverables are in accordance to the projects’ and company’s design intent, prescribed specifications and good engineering practice and are completed within schedule.
- Develops instrumentation and control system design concepts, studies, reports and basic engineering deliverables for new projects.
- Work also includes field support and commissioning assistance
- Responsible for meeting company’s engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects.
- Oversees development of I&C design concepts and ensure proper application and execution.
- Assists contractor’s teams to produce engineering/construction documents that meet the project
- requirements within the allocated schedule and budget.
- Verifies contractor’s work quality regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
- Review and coordinate inputs on I&C requirements/deliverables from stakeholders, including operations and maintenance representatives, and reconcile in accordance with project requirements and good engineering practice.
- Check Material Requisitions are reflective of project requirements and specifications
- Carry out technical bid evaluations to ensure vendor compliance with material requisitions
- Reconciles any conflicting design requirements by providing solutions for alignment
- Responds to contractor technical queries and concession requests
- Provides technical responses to contractor’s variation requests
- Ensure uniformity and standardization compatibility at optimum levels in design and engineering all phases of the project and update company specifications by incorporating lessons learned
- Develops and applies risk management practices for project’s I&C engineering scope.
- Participates in HAZOP, PHA, safety reviews
- Manages work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
- Writes studies and reports for I&C systems, as necessary, for projects.
- Evaluates Value Engineering (cost cutting) items in accordance with Company’s level of risk.
- Ensure that cost-effective solutions and applications of value engineering are applied throughout the duration of the Project
- Encourages collaboration to seek the best solutions.
- Edits and develops basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
- Develops I&C design concepts and basic engineering deliverables for new projects.
- Audit installations during construction, witness Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of equipment/ systems and assure that the installation/performance are in accordance with specifications
Reporting and Working Relationships
- Reports to the Lead I&C Engineer and Engineering Manager on all projects related activities and critical issues.
- Reports to Directors, Projects on any critical issues affecting project costs or schedule
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all Crescent staff.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation Engineering discipline – Individuals lacking the necessary formal qualifications but having above average relevant experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry
- Work experience as a Lead Engineer with a tier 1/major EPC Contractor in the development of EPC deliverables
- Work experience with an oil/gas operating company
- Good knowledge of the industrial context, contract practice and Oil & Gas operations in general.
- Good sense of team spirit leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication.
- Fluent in English – verbal and written