A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Engineer-Electrical”.
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||12 – 14 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||22,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL
- With offshore skill set and Layout Specialist , with knowledge of HVDC Layout engineering for Electrical system , EIT layout co-ordination engineering and input to fabrication yards. Preferable Candidates from UK/Europe Nationals
- Ensure quality and technical excellence, provide key managerial, administrative & technical support and boost morale of the Team members for the jobs under supervision. Provide necessary technical guidance to lead engineer and all team members on job to ensure smooth working of both home-office & offsite offices. Supervise and lead a team of engineers and designers in Home office and Engineering centre (EC) to carrying out detailed engineering work for large size projects.
- Review ITB (Invitation To Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material and man-hour estimates, Cost estimate, List of deliverable, Logistic BOQ, Construction BOQ, Software requirement and Vendor representative requirement for constriction / Commissioning supervision.
- Participate in Proposal Cost review meeting with management.
- Organize internal quality audits/peer reviews for monitoring quality and ensure timely close-out of actions.
- Provide advice and guidance to engineers and designers on important technical issues as well as managerial matters.
- Provide necessary support and guidance to Project Control, Construction and Commissioning.
- Participate in Contract Review process and provide required inputs to Lead Engineer.
- Perform responsibilities of Lead Engineer in event of Small /Medium project.
- Develop Electrical engineering related Company Standards.
- Interact with leads on issues connected with Quality, Productivity, Progress, Man-hours, Technical integrity, schedules, extra hours, additional cost, variation order, milestone dates, work share with other offices etc.
- Interact with other discipline within Sharjah and other engineering centres and client as and when required in close consultation with lead. Review all key documents before issue and ensure that all systems are in place for preparation of engineering documents. Attend monthly engineering review meeting with Project Engineering Managers.
- Identify opportunity cost effective measures for value engineering and design optimization.
- Interact with peers from other offices across globe on regular basis to ensure consistency of work across all offices.
- Guide and support lead engineers to carry out risk/reward/technical integrity studies of Electrical systems.
- Review engineering problems and guide the team in selecting safe, efficient and economical solution.
- Interface with Client & PEM on technical issues, conduct internal staff progress meetings.
- Participate in Design Reviews, SAFOP, constructability reviews on need basis.
- Ensure strict compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 12-14 years of detail design engineering related experience preferably from a background in working for consultancy organizations or EPC for petrochemical or for the Oil and Gas Industry. Out of this at least five years shall be of managerial position.
- Possess good knowledge of relevant DNV-GL, IEC, BS, IEEE, API etc. codes and standards. Shall possess ability to grasp other international standards and Client specifications as demanded by work.