A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Internal Auditor”.
|Anwar Gargash Diplomatic Academy
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CIA | CISA | ACCA | CA | CPA | CIMA
|3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required
|10,000 AED – 12,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
- Delivers professional, objective, and impactful Internal Audit (IA) assurance and advisory services within the organization.
- Participating in annual planning, engagement execution and follow-up activities in line with IA methodology requirements.
- Performs assigned engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities.
- Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues.
- Assists in the periodic Risk Assessment, development of the Risk Based Audit Work Plan and periodic reporting.
- Discusses ethical conflicts with IA Office Director.
- Participates in initiating/promoting the establishment and continuous improvement of the Governance Framework, Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Code of Conduct, Ethics and Values.
- Supports with the development of a dynamic risk-based IA plan by managing the delivery of the risk assessment and annual planning activities. This involves proposing engagements including plans, scope, timing and required resources.
- Provides input for the periodic reporting on audit activities and performance relative to its plans, significant risk exposures, control/governance issues and other related matters.
- Supports and coaches engagement teams throughout the engagement lifecycle, to facilitate the correct application of the IA methodology, and enhance the teams’ functional and leadership competencies.
- Provides honest and timely feedback, development and coaching (to engagement teams and direct reports), and takes prompt action, where necessary, to ensure progressive development and learning opportunities are pursued.
- Supports on assigned IA strategic initiatives.
- Develops/support in process understanding of assigned business processes and determines business objectives, main functions, and nature of activities, potential risks and controls to be audited.
- Develops a detailed audit program / Risk & Control Matrix (RCM) for the assigned audit including the objectives, potential risk, key controls, audit procedures and the use of audit techniques and tools to evaluate governance, risks and controls processes, and submits audit program to IA Office Director for review and approval. Identify high-risk areas and key control points of the system to be reviewed.
- Performs engagement (also supervises engagements performed by Junior Auditors) in accordance with the approved RCM and professional standards on internal auditing; also ensures tasks assigned to subordinates/ colleagues are adequately performed and deliverables are in accordance with Internal Audit procedures and quality standards.
- Performs the audit in accordance with the approved audit program and ensure that audit objectives have been met to support the audit conclusions/results.
- Ensures that approved audit objectives have been met with adequate coverage of all relevant areas. Also ensures that sufficient appropriate audit evidence is obtained to support the conclusion and recommendations, and that the work has been performed in accordance with professional audit standards.
- Participates in special committees to provide independent and objective professional advice and consultancy services.
- Facilitates regular coordination between the IA Office Director, management and the engagement team on the progress of engagements, ensuring corrective actions are taken to address any identified issues impacting the engagement plan.
- Plans, manages and reviews direct reports’ performance to track that their performance and development goals are achieved.
- Identify training and developmental priorities of the department and ensure that staff are adequately skilled to meet the future requirements of the department.
- Manage the recruitment of new staff, including recommending the suitable candidate, where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of International Professional Practices (IPPF) and other applicable standards and their interpretation and application to Internal Auditing practice.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Effective leadership/managerial characteristics.
- Strong persuasive skills.
- Data analytics and IT skills.
- Critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages both verbal and written
Education, Qualification and Experience
- Minimum is Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Professional Certification – CIA/ CISA/ ACCA/ CA/ CPA/ CIMA. [preference]
- A minimum of 3 years of relative work experience.
- Educational sector experience and knowledge
- Business continuity planning
- UAE and FAHR Policy and regulatory requirement