A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Manager – Financial Analytics”.
|Majid Al Futtaim
|Bachelors | Masters
|3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required
|15,000 AED – 18,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Financial Analysis Manager is responsible for business analysis across the Retail value chain using advanced data analytics tools to create analytics insights through data mining and support the Financial Control team to interpreted and translate the data into meaningful business solutions. The role holder is also responsible for coordinating the data queries between Corporate Financial Control team and data scientists to formulate business use cases and analytical solutions, and propose recommendations to Financial Control team concerning the business performance, best practices and value creation. He/she will also support Corporate Financial Control team in business presentations, communication with the countries, and deep dive analysis.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities Business analysis, advance business analytics and business modelling
- Manage the identification & coordination process for business use cases, related business solutions and data mining for Corporate Finance function’s procedures and policies, as well as for other Corporate functions
- Support Country Finance teams on meeting objectives
- Perform data mining and business analysis in the areas of:
- Analytics insights along the retail value chain;
- Business drivers and modelling
- Support and create the retail data lake and analytical tools and models
- Operational transformation and improvement projects, including but not limited to: bulk sales management process, country supplier profitability, HM and SM profitability convergence…
- Space optimization resize of the non-food area by 10%
- Loss making stores turnaround from the loss 117M incurred in 2021.
- EBIT by section improvement, reduce the gap between the countries to match the “best in class” performance and support initial investment in fixed assets (and existing store retrofitting) run by Finance and Business Development departments.
- Promo activity ROI including costs optimisation and resulting net sales and TCM uplift analysis. Promo share represents c. 20% of our total sales
- Lead with transformation office to materialise the cutting-edge analysis and insights into P&L value creation (50M+)
- Ensure the proper conservation, utilization and profitability of the company’s assets
- Guarantee the quality, confidentiality and application and protection of company’s “Know-How”
- Respect and enforce the security and safety procedures
Coordination and Communication
- Collaborate with MAF Retail Finance teams in countries and other stakeholders to deliver on the business objectives
- Support the Financial Control team in proposing recommendations concerning the business performance, best practices and value creation in order to increase productivity, performance and effectiveness of the operations
- Support the Financial Control team to interpret and translate the data into meaningful business solutions
- Coordinate the data queries between Corporate Financial Control team, other Corporate functions (if needed) and data scientists in order to formulate business use cases and analytical solutions
- Ensure regular information exchange with all relevant stakeholders and update them on the acquired knowledge from the analysis
- Build relationships and maintain strong partnerships with key personnel to help achieve organisational goals
Audit and Reporting
- Responsible for the preparation of business presentations and reports related to Business Data Analytics for various stakeholders, on periodic and ad hoc basis as and when required
- Support on the preparation of MAF Holding and Board presentation for MAF Retail Management and Retail Executive Committee
- Support on performing regular audit of various processes and databases for the Business Data Analytics function in order to identify gaps and risks, and propose corrective actions
Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to the review and update of the Business Data Analytics policies and procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures
- Respects the procedures in accordance with the DOA.
- Monitor budget and ensure compliance and proposes corrective measures when necessary.
- Support necessary measures towards continuous growth of the company.
- Support appropriate control mechanism to ensure budget compliance.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
Disclaimer: This role description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the role identified and shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of all the work requirements inherent to success in the role.
Definition of Success
- Quality and timeliness of provided services
Other Context (if Applicable)
- To Be Added
Minimum Qualifications/education Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce or Marketing
- Master’s Degree in Finance or CA degree in in the same field is preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in data mining and financial modelling
- 3+ years’ experience in retail as a business analyst
- Proficiency in advanced Excel, Power BI
- Knowledge of SQL, VB is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office particularly modelling in Excel
- Financial and analytical skills with ability of problem identification and solving
- Open-minded ability to work in international and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of retail industry
- Some knowledge of investment appraisal process, economic studies
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required) Arabic (Professional efficiency – Advantage)