A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Compliance Manager”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree
|7 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required
|25,000 AED – 30,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
|50 – 100 Employees
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?JOB TITLE: Compliance Manager
- Hold strong business relationships/partnerships with various stakeholders of the compliance training and communications strategy (including but not limited to Communications, Operations, IT, HR and external third parties) to ensure delivery of the compliance training and communications programme.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to identify Petrofac’s compliance training and communications needs.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders including suppliers to develop and deliver appropriate training and communications material.
- Develop a methodology for maintaining training and communications records and criteria to measure effectiveness of the training and communications plan.
- Manage the design, implementation and roll out of effective Compliance systems, tools and processes, including the conflict of interest and gifts and entertainment systems and annual declaration process.
- Develop appropriate reporting tools to track metrics relating to training and communications, conflict of interest, gifts and entertainment and the annual declaration process.
- Develop and maintain appropriate Group policies, standards or procedures governing compliance training and communications, systems and processes.
- Act as Compliance focal point for allocated business unit(s), including working with the relevant business unit head closely on compliance related matters, to foster collaboration and understanding between the compliance department and the business.
- Be a point of escalation for direct report in relation to each of the elements of the compliance programme managed by the team and support direct report’s development.
- Support and provide input into projects managed by other members of the senior compliance management team as required especially the Investigations Team by managing a number of high-risk investigations
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Business or Economics.
- Strong understanding of Petrofac Business Units and operations.
- Working knowledge of the Compliance discipline, particularly in relation to the delivery of robust Compliance programmes.
- Critical judgement/analytical skills and ability to quickly identify and understand compliance risks.
- Conscientious and methodical with excellent attention to detail, highly organised and capable of managing conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to interact and influence discussions with the business and functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels with internal and external stakeholders such as clients, compliance service providers and Petrofac employees.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Outgoing, excellent team building skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity.
- Proactively coaches/mentors colleagues within the compliance department and across the wider business.
- Experience in working alongside a team of professionals with diverse competencies and experience (e.g. Accountants, Internal Auditors, Engineers, Lawyers, Finance, etc.)
- Experience of working with different geographies and in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in dealing with third parties’ providers of compliance related services.
- Understanding of the business risks and the internal control environment of Petrofac.
- Fully competent with Petrofac Management and Leadership Behaviours at Manager level.
- 7-12 years of experience in Risk Management, Auditing or Compliance.
- Oil and gas experience preferred.