A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Trade Finance Officer”.
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CA | ACCA | MBA | CIMA
|2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required
|4,500 AED – 5,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high volume of applications ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Midstar is seeking candidates for the position of Junior Trade Finance Officer. This role will be responsible for providing support running the global trade flow to meet the needs of our various funding structures. This role is crucial to establish and maintain relationships with company’s businesses globally and external parties and interact daily with various teams within trade including traders, different structuring teams, the risk group, and transaction management. To handle the administration of all aspects of the Trade & Structured Finance activities in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure compliance to the guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities also include developing thorough knowledge of transaction structures and related documentation, legal implications, settlements, funding, delivery of assets, and working with other local and regional offices to ensure that appropriate controls are included in process.
- Support the preparation and execution of all documents based on approved templates.
- Review and verification of transactions (system input, documentation, approvals) & cash payments (amounts, value dates, bank details).
- Liaise with other functional groups including traders, trade execution teams and accounting, to resolve execution issues and provide assistance where necessary.
- Follow up the timely execution of all transactions with banks and financial institutions.
- Ensure that all transaction processing is following regulatory and Bank policies, procedures, and standards with prompt intervention to resolve problems concern areas.
- Prepare regular reports MIS and analysis for senior management for effective monitoring and control.
- Ensure that all transactional bank charges are in line with agreed fees.
- Support the process of onboarding new trade finance banks/institutions following the Group policy.
- Be the main point of contact for all banking related matters for Headquarters and the rest of the group.
- Assist and interact with other departments within the Company (Trading, Legal, Contract Desk,
- Finance, Accounting, Letter of Credit Desk, Cash Control, and others) and support them with trade finance related matters.
- The person should be analytical, sets ambitious goals, acts on his/her own initiative.
- Highly attentive to details and can thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Able to build a strong, collaborative network and communicate effectively at all levels.
- different cultures and geographical landscape.
- Ability to manage workload, prioritize tasks and deliver agreed results.
- Ability to work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Has a clear understanding of the commercial implications of operations.
- Must show consistency in being able to execute on plans, projects, and tactical initiatives.
- Must demonstrate passion for continuous improvement.
- Candidate must be tech savvy.
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of global counterparties and global team.
- Good organizational skills with ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
Preferred skills and experience
- Accustomed to working within a matrix reporting organization and with multi-functional groups at all levels.
- Degree in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent Qualified Accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA) or MBA
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite specifically Excel & MS Power BI knowledge
- Exposure to commodity finance and documentations within a commodity trading company
- Cash flow forecast and daily treasury management
- Daily reconciliation of all banking transactions and balances
- Apply all compliance and KYC requirements to the ongoing transactions