A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Procurement Manager”.
|Majid Al Futtaim
|Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject)
|5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required
|20,000 AED – 25,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
- Developing new strategies to reduce costs and improve service and quality.
- To ensure that the quality of goods received is as per requirement and that purchases are done at the best price.
- To ensure all purchases are within annual budget.
Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage and facilitate all facets of supply management activities between division business units and their suppliers.
- Implement sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives, providing the company competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services.
- Locate, analyze, and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future needs.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Negotiate and manage all contracts and agreements for assigned purchases.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
- Understand, track, and forecast the key cost drivers and market factors for assigned purchases.
- Implement appropriate sourcing strategies to control the company’s purchased material costs and to assure an adequate source of supply.
- Develop cross-functional teams to understand company-wide needs and evaluate suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process.
- Developing strategies for assigned procurement area to include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, strategic importance, etc.
- Managing and optimizing supplier performance, including continuous improvement, innovations, obsolescence and reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Maintains and promotes sound relationships with suppliers and the business community.
- Work with operations to determine and support procurement requirements,
- Monitor and drive adherence to processes, policies, global standards and standard operating procedures.
- To ensure that everyone who requisitions goods and services understands and adheres to the policy and only uses approved suppliers.
- Meets with requestors to ensure full understanding of the need and that the proposed purchase will satisfy the need of the requestor. Create new and update existing bid specifications.
- Maintains purchasing records for each assigned budget object code.
- Assists in developing budget requests and justification.
- Maintains supplier catalogs for review by users in making or suggesting kind or type of item needed.
- Makes recommendations for developing or revising internal procurement procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining blanket purchase orders
- Maintaining a database of vendors
- Prepares and processes purchase orders.
- Reviews invoices regarding items purchased.
- Maintains and monitors purchasing records and reports.
- Assists in the preparation of annual capex budget.
- To obtain quotes for all F&B purchases and ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed with regard to approval of the purchases.
- To negotiate contracts with sub-contractors for labor, services, etc.
- To negotiate annual / quarterly contracts for suppliers of various materials.
- To plan and select suppliers taking into account various factors such as corporate policy, quality approval, level of service and pricing to meet statutory, legal and internal requirements.
- To implement procedures to reduce cost/ expenditure.
- Locates sources of supplies for regular and emergency purchases in the shortest possible times span while adhering to procurement policies.
- To conduct regular surveys in order to evaluate the price and quality fluctuations in the market
- To be fully accountable for the quality of all items purchased.
- To collect sample and quotations from the local market.
- Plan ordering of stock items according to the established minimum/ maximum and reorder levels in liaison stores
- To organize smooth delivery of items.
- To ensure that all deliveries are monitored particularly for F&B items. eg. Perishable items & Frozen & Canned.
- To forward closing information to Accounting and Management monthly.
- To strictly adhere to the Company’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
- Carry out ad hoc projects to support Financial Director and Head of Inventory.
Measure of Success – Illustrative KPIs:
- COGS Reduction %
- Wastage Reduction %
- Pricing Efficiency and Cost optimization
- Country analysis and support
Other Context (if applicable):
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
Skillset (job specific technical skills and behavioral competencies needed)
- Knowledge of purchasing in GCC.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with responsibilities.
- The incumbent works with a high degree of independence in performing his duties.
- Required to be a computer literate.
- Must also function well in a team environment and have the ability to work well under pressure, work independently, learn regulations and procedures.
- A strategic thinker, with commercial acumen to understand business needs and identify opportunities to support them through procurement.
- Able to turn strategies into tactical plans and produce accurate and detailed reports and work.
· 5 years professional experience in purchasing or Finance (in a purchasing department).
· Accounting / Commerce / Catering Graduate.