A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Business Development Manager”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Relevant Subject)|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Manage the development and assessment of value creation of the assets development to improve the Return On Capital Employed (ROCE) for the company plants. Conduct studies and researches that optimize the products and technology outputs, and cost, quality and efficiency. Align business with innovation and operations to improve the overall ROCE of the product-business, develop strategic plans for assets, and identify asset development opportunities; i.e. growth, new products, variable costs optimization, etc.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Identify value creation projects and initiatives; i.e. new processes, technologies, synergies among plants, etc. to improve the company’s profitability.
- Analyse and assess investments and divestments, through developing business cases and scenarios and analysis for the value chain.
- Lead pre-studies and feasibility studies required to develop new projects, and identify new or changes in products’ processes to ensure synergy with the company’s existing and future operations.
- Plan and cascade the implementation of asset integrity and development’ strategies for the new product to ensure aligned plans in place.
- Propose the Engineering and Technology Studies; i.e. process technology selection, feasibility studies, market studies, cost estimation, etc.
Cost & Profitability
- Own and lead the product development projects and major test runs for new outside of the operating window to ensure alignment with innovation centre and business.
- Contribute to the identification of products and sourcing of intermediate chemicals, which is available around the accessible and profitable markets, as inputs for future studies.
- Assess production costs and initiate cost improvement projects based on benchmark studies, and propose updates on the intermediate products and its balance for value creation opportunities.
- Communicate with licensors of new technologies to identify new opportunities for asset development of the company.
- Communicate and align the initiatives and updates with other technical and operations team that will contribute to the reduction of non-prime materials
Structural Quality Improvements
- Act as a steering manager for investment coming out of the business cases to ensure projects are delivered with the right quality, cost and on time.
- Recommend new types of technologies, processes and workflows that improve efficiency, quality and costs.
- Resolve the interfaces concerns and issues between the technical communities.
- Contribute to the technical development of innovation ideas to be translated into investments, and initiatives for future development.
- Develop consistent and realistic long and short term operational plans for the Department in line with the Division objectives and manage the implementation of the approved long and short term plans and ensure they are effectively converted into its performance objectives to realise the Division Objectives and established service levels.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Develop and manage the Department annual budget in line with the Division’s business objectives and operational plans ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all Department activities.
- Monitor expenditure against approved Department budget on a regular basis; investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Develop and implement appropriate Department policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls, Company guidelines in order to support execution of the Division’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the development of the Division’s KPI’s and ensure proper cascade of the Performance objectives within the Department and establish monitoring mechanisms to ensure delivery of these objectives and promote a performance driven culture.
- Manage the implementation of the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Department in accordance with Company approved guidelines.
- Develop knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with the Human Capital to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Department that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
- Contribute and support establishment of a Corporate Integrated Risk Management System within the Department, while identifying and assessing relevant domain risks and implement measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks within the Department.
- Communicate corporate business ethics and Company’s Code of Conduct to employees within the Department and ensure compliance to the Corporate Policies and guidelines.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Promote an organisation culture that encourages innovation, enhances employee motivation and supports initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve the Department operations and services.
- Recommend improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Department.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Support the institution and implementation of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Department in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Department employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Ensure that all Department MIS and progress reports are prepared to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Technical: Technical, Projects, Operations.
- Product & Business Management
- Innovation Centre / Research & Development
- Financial Control
- Supply Chain
External Communications & Working Relationships
- Technology Licensors / OEM
- ADNOC OPCOs
- Engineering / Technology Providers
- Business Firms / Consulting Agencies
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Science.
- Master’s degree in Business, Management or MBA is preferred.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 12 years of experience.
- Sound knowledge in operations management, engineering economics, costing, simulation, and industrial engineering tools.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge with financial modelling and scenarios.
Project Management; PMP.
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity and dust during occasional site visits.
Job Family / Sub Family: Business Planning & Performance / Corporate Excellence