A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Commercial Executive (UAE Nationals)”.
||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters|
|Experience||1 – 2 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 26,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Commercial Executive will be expected to lead assist in the commercial aspects of a portfolio of projects across the asset classes of MAF Properties and provide assistance to the Senior/Commercial Managers reporting the commercial status of projects Senior Project Team and the respective Development Managers.
The ideal candidate is to have strong commercial awareness and have a background as a Graduate / Chartered QS with relevant experience in preparing cost plans, procurement awareness, managing project cost control, cash flow, cost reporting of all development costs including construction.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Responsible for supporting Delivery Team on all Commercial aspects of Projects
- Responsible for the development of project(s) through the direction of control documents and instruction from the senior management team and Senior Project Managers.
- Assists with the preparation of Development feasibility studies, concept master planning etc. to develop the initial briefing requirements for Consultants.
- Assists with the development of the strategies and initiatives to enhance the successful delivery of projects or specified components, both in terms of design, construction and where applicable, operation and maintenance companies.
- Assisting in establishing best practice procedures on cost management within the Project Delivery Department. Including delivery of initiatives on Benchmarking, Risk management. Assist with the auditing of projects ensuring the processes and procedures adopted by projects.
- Responsible for Cost Management of the respective project(s) with respect to Cost Planning, cost reporting, change management and Contract Close out in liaison with the Delivery Team.
- Form and support the Project Manager to engender a cohesive project team. Both internally and external to MAF properties liaising with other departments particularly Finance and Development Management.
- Assist with the procurement of all services as per the approved processes and procedures manual
- Manage the procurement of Consultant and Contract services
- Manage the compilation of the commercial assessment of all tender submissions (either internally or using a Third Party)
- Manage the compilation of the Contract Document, and execution with the respective Contractual parties.
- Cost Planning, Estimating and Reporting
- Assist with the management of Third Party cost consultants for the provision of cost plans, estimates and reports.
- Issue a monthly commercial report on project(s) following project finance meetings incorporating an up to date cash flow and analysis of costs to date and projected final account figures.
- Contract Administration and Close Out (internally or using a Third Party)
- Assist with the contract administration, of construction and contracts and consultant appointments including the payment process thereof.
- Contract Strategy Development with the respective Project Managers
- Claim management – logging, review, respond, close out.
- Strong time management
- Strong leadership qualities
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrating ethics and value
- Customer focus
- Delivery focused
- Excel in all aspects of cost management
- Cost modeling (scenarios)
- Cost planning
- Cost management
- Lead all aspects of value management
- Lifecycle costing/value engineering
- Value auditing
- Value management
- Play a key role in spatial analysis
- Support risk management process and risk analysis
- Contribute cost-related information to key aspects of a project
- Site appraisal/evaluation
- Development appraisal
- Underpinning Knowledge
- Financial literacy
- Computer literacy
- Legal framework for projects
- Contracts/insurance awareness
- Procurement process
- Cost Management process
- Change management
- VM / VE
- BSc Hons Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering:
- 1+ years of relevant experience