A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Geotechnical Engineer”.
|Qualification||Degree | Diploma|
|Experience||0 – 2 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||3,500 AED – 5,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Geotechnical Engineer performs semi-independently all engineering assignments, prepares and implements engineering reporting procedures and plans on large projects and support with constant innovation in the field of marine geotechnical engineering. Initiative is a pre-requisite part in the role of all duties. The nature of the work requires the engineer to easily adapt to various work environments with most of the assignments being in office for research and development, engineering assessments, geotechnical reporting and various desk studies. The engineer may have to travel and work from other Fugro offices around the world for extended period of time.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1.1 Office Duties
- Full responsibility that assigned projects are executed in accordance with Fugro procedures.
- Communicates directly with Client and ensures that reporting deliverable meet Client requirements.
- Plan and conduct engineering assignments with support from Geotechnical Consultant or other senior technical supervisor as applicable. The engineer is expected to use independent judgement in the selection of techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Independently performs most assignments based on general instruction from the Geotechnical Consultant or other senior technical supervisor as applicable regarding expected results.
- Able to work with large volume of data to build up engineering ground models.
- Consult with Geoconsulting Manager and Senior Geotechnical Consultant or other senior technical supervisor as applicable, for solving unusual or complex engineering problems. Elaborate way forward by identifying and implementing relevant design standard and/or bespoke design practices.
- Work on bespoke projects requiring unique engineering solutions for our Clients, the field of expertise would generally be articulated around pile foundations, shallow foundations, pipeline soil interaction, anchor piles, scour assessment, earthquake engineering work related to geotechnics, etc.
- Develop expertise in foundation design for offshore wind turbines for both fixed and floating structure.
- Contribute to the effort to transition towards digitization and digitalization.
- Get familiar with international offshore engineering standard or guidelines in the field of pile foundations, shallow foundations, pipelines, spudcan penetration analyses, anchors, etc.
- Work on preparation of advanced laboratory testing Programme and procedures for test such as; direct simple shear, resonant column, bender element, dynamic triaxial tests, etc.
- Develop site specific geotechnical engineering solution with particular concerns on carbonate soils.
2 Specific Additional Duties
- Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company’s Management
- System on Quality and HSE related issues. Actively participate in engineering process improvement.
- Principal Working Relationship
- Liaise with geotechnical engineers from the geotechnical department, some of the duties will be directly related to site investigation therefore synergy needs to be maintained.
- Liaise with geophysicists, work closely on geophysical and geotechnical data integration.
- Liaise with the GIS specialist to prepare GIS inputs for ground modelling and engineering assessment
- Inform Geoconsulting Manager on specific engineering requirements for project.
- Delegate general processing tasks to technical assistants to maximize own time on complex assignment.
- Inform the Geoconsulting Manager and Geotechnical Consultant or other senior technical supervisor as applicable on potential project opportunities while liaising with Client.
- Bachelor of Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent in education and experience.
Skills / Experience Required To Do The Job
- Fresh graduate to maximum 2 years experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Skilled with programming in C++, Java or Python;
- Interest in machine learning would be a plus;
- Basic understanding of foundation concept of offshore wind turbines (desirable but not mandatory);
- Conversant with equipment / software in use;
- English language.
Role Specific Behavioral Competencies Required
ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
Information & Communication The ability to receive information from and convey information to others timely and successfully, using appropriate language, and communication tools (spoken, written etc.).
Client focus The ability to generate client satisfaction (internally or externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional work.
Planning & organizing The ability to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction. Resources (documents, tools, diary etc.) are well-organized and up to date.
the proven capability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change (e.g. priorities, work planning/location, skills/technologies, work processes, relationships), uncertainty and opportunities.