A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Tax Manager”.
|Company Name||Majid Al Futtaim|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters | CA | CPA | ACCA | ICAEW|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||500 – 1000 Employees|
The role’s main objective shall be to lead the Group Corporate Tax Team covering all the countries of operation i.e., UAE, KSA, Egypt, Oman, Bahrain, Lebanon and Kuwait.
Mainly work closely with the corporate team, businesses teams and various service providers. The successful candidate shall take full ownership of all the tax compliances, filing, accounting and documentation. Further, the candidate should support all the business teams in advisory and compliance matters for the Majid Al-Futtaim Group.
Job Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement the tax strategy aligned with the group’s objective.
- Develop and maintain effective control procedures for all the tax processes.
- Support the corporate and local teams on all operational aspects for tax compliance and advisory.
- Develop and implement various policies and solutions to optimize the tax function and bring tax efficiency/ savings in the overall process.
- Develop and implement the tax governance framework.
- Regularly provide key tax updates across different regions and elaborate the impact on the Group. Thereafter, ensuring timely implementation of such tax changes on the group.
- Provide support in all the ongoing tax projects of the group.
- Make all jurisdictions tax audit ready and ensure resolution of all the audit issues which have been raised by the tax authorities.
- Perform regular health check reviews on all compliance activities, identify potential issues and take measures to address the identified issues.
- Assist the management in preparing annual budgets providing inputs on all the tax matters.
- Manage all the tax consultants across different territories.
Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Ensuring the tax compliance is undertaken on time across all territories’
- Provide support in ensuring all tax related documentation, statutory records, registers are maintained as per legal requirements.
- Address any key issues identified while reviewing and submitting the periodic tax compliances.
- Lead the team to implement the changes in the IT/ ERP systems to align the tax requirements.
- Implement any tax automation projects.
- Review and finalize financials and update all the tax related matters.
Measure of Success – Illustrative KPIs:
- Manage a diverse team across territories
- Expert Direct tax and Indirect tax knowledge
- Ability to lead multiple tax projects
- Ensuring timely and accurate tax compliances
- Assistance in all the ongoing tax matters to business and finance teams
- Ensure that the company is tax audit ready
- Change in the process for proper archiving for all tax submissions working files
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Team leadership including providing directions, coaching and motivation to the team
- Lead the team and coordinate with various functions across the business
- Ability to take decisions and drive the changes across tax functions
- Ability to provide the correct input to management for taking decisions
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to deliver quality work under pressure
- Analytical and numerical skills. Attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Go getter attitude
- Process improvement and continuous improvement mindset
- Have good practical and implementable tax knowledge
- Good accounting and ERP knowledge
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Able to meet short deadlines
- Minimum 10-12 years of similar experience, having worked in a Tax environment in a large organization, leading regional tax matters.
- Having work in a Big 4 Audit firm is recommended or a tax consulting role
- Having knowledge of real estate sector is recommended
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting is a must.
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA/ ACCA/ CPA/ ICAEW).