A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Engineer-Telecom”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Electronics/Communication Engineering)|
|Experience||18 – 19 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||20,000 AED – 25,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PRINCIPAL ENGINEER – TELECOM
- Review the ITB (Invitation To Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material and man-hour estimates.
- Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/client.
- Review contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with other Work Centre’s by identifying requirements and scope of work.
- Ensure the assignment and distribution of manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours within SLA with VECs. Recommend measures to optimize overall manhours & execution cost.
- Verify and conceptualize the optimum work route. Identify a clear scope of work/supply and accordingly plan/schedule the engineering activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work. Ensure the assignment and distribution of manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours within SLA. Recommend measures to optimize overall man-hours & execution cost.
- Coordinate with projects and planning on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
- Perform responsibilities of Lead Engineer in event of large project. Also; if working as Lead Engineer on a project then he will prepare ‘Fortnight Reports’ or any other report as desired by management to indicate Schedule progress, Quantity, Man hour, Manpower forecasts, and will keep a tight control on the over-runs.
- Ensure that the work is apportion among engineering staff within Sharjah and/or other Work Centres according to their specialized training.
- Directs the resource allocation and workloads of a team of subordinates.
- Typically leading a group of professionals or technical staff
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering with a minimum of 18 years of related petrochemical experience preferable from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.