A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Registered Miid Wife”.
|Danat Al Emarat Hospital
|BSC Degree (Midwifery)
|4 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required
|8,000 AED – 9,000 AED
|Full Time | Permanent
- Responsible and accountable for the overall performance of the Maternity Department and accountable to the Service Line Manager for the organization, direction and supervision of all nursing and midwifery activities within the Ward/Unit.
- Provides leadership, staff development, and mentoring and is responsible for the orientation and induction training of new and midwives/nurses.
- Ensures nursing clinical quality standards and practices are compiled, maintained and evaluated when necessary.
- Works closely with Service Line Manager, Heads of Department and Doctors to ensure a high standard of nursing/midwifery care and meet/exceeds customers’ expectation.
- Accountable for ensuring all nursing services rendered are consistent with their education and assessed competence, meet legislative requirements and are supported by appropriate standards.
- Understands, supports and promotes the mission, vision, and values of organization.
- Provides age appropriate patient care according to the Nursing Scope of practice as defined by DoH.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the day to day running and clinical floor – admissions and discharges
- Models organization core values and promotes translation of these values into work practices.
- Encourage empowerment of the nursing team
- Have an approachable manner, for staff to be able to escalate issues/concerns and escalate to SLM if required.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Implements the short term and long-term goals and objectives for the unit.
- Ensures appropriate patient care is provided by the nursing team members according to the Nursing Scope of Practice as defined by DoH.
- Accepts accountability for services through which direct nursing care is given to patients.
- Ensures appropriate resource management of staff and supplies.
- Works with team in rendering professional nursing care at all times.
- Promotes and maintains a good working relationship among nursing personnel, medical staff, other hospital employees, patients and public.
- Ensures customer-friendly service is promoted to the staff through role modelling.
- Is an effective communicator with both staff and patients?
- Implements and monitors staff compliance to nursing and hospital policies.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, problem solving skills and leadership ability.
- Able to resolve problems with satisfactory outcomes.
- Supports the manager in investigating complaints by patients, family members, nursing and medical staff and takes appropriate action/follow up to the complainant’s satisfaction.
- Develops excellent interpersonal and communication abilities like listening attentively to others, asking questions when information is unclear in a professional tone and with an approachable demeanor so that interaction is productive and effective whether communicating with patients and patients’ relatives, among colleagues and with the doctors.
Evidence Based Clinical Effective Practice
- Act as a change agent to develop clinical practice through utilization and integration of evidence into practice; setting, implementing and monitoring evidence-based policies, procedures and pathways.
Promoted a Culture of Person-Centred Care
- To be highly visible within the unit and communicate with women and their families and within the multidisciplinary team environment, be a credible authoritative leader promoting equality and diversity through person-centred approaches to care.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and develop care and services by ensuring effective systems are in place to ascertain women and their family’s experience/feedback and complaints and that these are managed in line with the organizational policy.
People Resource Management & Staff Development
- Supports staff to ensure appropriate orientation, training and continuing education is provided to maintain the required level of competency.
- Manage and lead the nursing team
- Ensure staff receive adequate break times
- Ensures that adequate preceptorship and support are provided to new employees.
- Encourages staff development through mentoring and role modelling.
- Acts as a resource person to the Service Line Manager/DCO on matters concerning the unit.
- Assists in the supervision, evaluation and appraisals of staff work performance in conjunction with the Service Line Manager.
- Assists the Service Line Manager in rota creation by ensuring cost-control and efficient use of manpower by utilizing on call staff, swapping of shifts or overtime within set perimeters.
- Provides coverage at night when required at times of manpower shortage.
- Performs any other duties as directed by the Director of Clinical Operations, Senior Clinical Manager and Service Line Manager.
- Ensure sickness is covered and staff on long term or frequent sickness episodes are provided with support.
2.5 Budgetary Management
- To liaise with Service Line Manager in the assessment of equipment and medical consumable item requirements.
- To ensure appropriate utilization of resources effectively and efficiently.
- To liaise with the Service Line Manager in the assessment of equipment and medical consumable item requirements.
- To ensure appropriate and prudent utilization of resources effectively and efficiently
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of nursing care, including nursing resource, and documentation.
- Conducts daily ward rounds to ensure customer satisfaction, resolve service/quality issues with follow through until issues are resolved.
Quality Improvement, Clinical Risk and Safety Management
- To participate and encourage staff participation in Quality Improvement Program.
- Support SLM by managing and oversee Key Performance Indicators for the unit.
- To provide a positive patient experience through the delivery of high quality customer service.
- To identify unsafe care practices and contribute to corrective actions.
- Observe and maintain confidentiality of information data relating to patients, staff, service and the organization.
- Monitors the compliance of unit/department and hospital policies and procedures and DoH standards and regulations.
- Participates and leads continuous quality improvement initiatives and activities.
- Contributes ideas and action plans for nursing quality improvements.
- Reports and acts to ensure that the ward/unit and its equipment are well maintained and in working order at all times.
- Assists in the review of incident reports to help identify opportunities for improvement and implement corrective action plans.
- Guides staff to ensure that policies and regulations regarding quality assurance programs, infection control policies and health and safety practices are adhered to.
- Patient Care
- Provides direct patient care during each shift
- Assesses patients through the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum phases of pregnancy. Assessing their needs, taking into account their medical, social, cultural and family circumstances.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with patients in the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum phase of pregnancy and their spouse and family as well as working in partnership with other health care professionals to ensure continuity of care.
- Detect labor symptoms in women and provide appropriate nursing care.
- Monitor patient for contractions and fetal wellbeing.
- Interpret CTG for contractions and fetal wellbeing.
- Assist and support Obstetricians and Gynecologist in treating patient
- Assist and support Obstetricians and Pediatricians in treating newborns at delivery and whenever needed.
- Ensure comfort and support to mothers and infants while executing midwifery functions
- Provides direct patient care as an effective team member and promotes the highest standards of clinical nursing care established on evidence based practice.
- Monitor patient progress and identifies any changes in status, acting on those changes to insure patient comfort and safety to include interpretation, and evaluation of diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Perform routine nursing care to assigned patients, while utilizing age specific and standard precautions practices at all times.
- Maintain accurate clinical documentation and patient information systems ensuring the data is accurate and complete utilizing the documentation system that is used by the service scope. Maintain records for patient care in accordance to established policy, procedure and protocols.
- Recognize and uphold the rights of all patients and family members accessing health services and advocate on their behalf. This also includes maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Provides patient education/training for patients and families.
- Ensure patient and staff confidentiality.
- BSc (Bachelors) Degree in Midwifery (3+ years duration)
- 2+ years experience post qualification as a Midwife in an appropriate hospital setting
- BSc (Bachelors) Degree in Nursing (3+ years duration) PLUS Midwifery Certificate (1 year duration)
- Or equivalent qualification from a recognised Nursing College/University
- Must be fluent in oral and written English
- Ability to maintain a confidential work environment
- Demonstrate ability to interact with a variety of people at all levels in the organization
- Ability to adapt to the UAE customs and culture
- Offer best available and up-to-date evidence-proven care
- Malpractice Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Annual Flight Tickets
- Annual Holiday Leave Entitlement
- Public Holiday Entitlement
- CME Study Leave
- Single Residency Visa
- Transport to and from work
- Full Time
- Permanent Work
- 48 hour working week
- 5 day working week