A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Custom and Excise Tax Manager”.
|Company Name||IFFCO Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
In this role, the Customs and Excise Manager will provide advice to the business on the customs and excise implications on the import, export, processing and cross-border movement of goods. This involves partnering with the business and value chain personnel in the customs and excise implications of their activities, and therefore, working with them on what is the best decision from a customs and excise perspective.
In addition, there is continuous work on improving processes and systems, which involves project management. These are a result of projects such as GCC Customs duty changes, new Free Trade Agreements signed by UAE and other customs regulatory changes.
This is a fast-paced and decisive environment which will allow the successful Customs & Excise professional to apply their knowledge and experience, whilst gaining incredible experience in the FMCG sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Group Customs & Excise Manager, you will report to the Taxation-Head basis and oversee the following lead business areas:
- Assisting and leading a team responsible for processing mandatory customs & excise declarations and internal compliance reports.
- Support Business with technical tax advice on customs and excise matters, including any tax planning opportunities.
- Manage the continuous improvement of compliance procedures across the IFFCO Group.
- Provide high-quality structured training on customs & excise to the Supply Value Chain teams across IFFCO Group.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Supply Chain Team, Tax Team colleagues, site management, customs & excise responsible staff at sites, relevant tax authorities
- Oversee mandatory controls and the company’s compliance protocols
- Maintain an appropriate control environment, including critical master data for timely and accurate customs and excise declarations, and licenses renewals.
- Lead the HS Code review across the IFFCO Group
- As directed, provide ad-hoc technical support during the tax audits and reviews
Key Performance Indicators:-
- Managing tax cost – there is a relatively large tax cost associated with customs duty and excise taxes, therefore managing the cost of those will be measured.
- Managing tax risk –effectively managing tax and related enterprise risk is an important responsibility of the tax function. KPI:
- Frequency and magnitude of audit adjustments
- Magnitude of return to provision adjustments
- Magnitude of penalty assessments
- Time spent on and resources dedicated to compliance and financial reporting activities
- The successful Customs & Excise Manager be based anywhere across the GCC Region. You will also have the following skills.
- Expert in GCC and GAFTA Customs duty regulation.
- Experience in dealing with ZATCA/ FTA on customs duty and excise matters
- 5+ years experience in shipping and/or customs and excise role
- University education in law or economics or training in financial administration
- Additional qualification as a tax advisor or a specialist advisor for customs and excise duties
- Local and Arabic speakers are only required
Competent in the use of standard EDP and IT systems, ideally with SAP knowledge
- Committed, self-motivated team player with an analytical approach
- Excellent organizational skills with a practical, results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in – English and preferably in Arabic
- Ability to communicate with non-tax stakeholders.