A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Head of IT”.
||MedNet Global Healthcare Solutions LLC, Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||10 – 15 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||28,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Head of IT will plan and manage the successful introduction, development and implementation of cost-effective information and IT network systems in accordance with MedNet IT strategy. Reporting to the Head of MedNet this role has the responsibility for managing a team of IT professionals across 6 locations. The successful candidate will improve business process efficiencies and thereby facilitate the achievement of the MedNet’s business objectives across all MedNet countries operations.
In this position you will:
- Lead the development of the MedNet’s IT strategy in line with the MedNet’s Group strategy and Munich Re corporate IT governance framework, global best practice.
- Identify and monitor IT trends, best practices in all MedNet countries, or by client group and develop approaches/solutions to fulfil these needs.
- Closely coordinate and align with the Head of Departments on prioritization of projects and initiatives.
- Discuss user requirements and understand changing operational needs so feasibility studies can be conducted to review suitability and viability of corporate systems and develop proposals for IT projects in order to ensure that the IT infrastructure continually supports the needs of MedNet operations.
- Manage the planning and design activities of the IT infrastructure, including hardware and networking to meet the needs of users, and ensure all objectives are delivered within time and budget.
- Consolidate the review and development of detailed infrastructure and network requirements specifications based on current and future business needs and provide in alignment with Munich Re policies.
- Manage and guide the regional application experts for core business applications; analyze and solve any related queries within the corporate guidelines or forward complex issues to the corporate IT for prompt remediation.
- Coordinate between all MedNet group companies in the event of cross-country IT projects in order to ensure effective execution of initiatives in accord with quality and corporate guidelines.
- Identify, plan and manage various IT hardware & software projects in all project stages in order to ensure project objectives are accomplished in time and in budget.
- Coordinate all efforts for the development and maintenance of the regional MedNet website in order to ensure continuous, effective and seamless communications to facilitate achievement of organizational objectives.
- Together with MedNet group counterparts, participate in the introduction of best practices in System Implementation initiatives in order to upgrade the functionality and provide improved support for achievement of business objectives.
- Motivate the individual MedNets and IT managers and identify opportunities for continuous improvement of IT infrastructure and system administration systems, processes and practices taking into account international leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- In coordination with procurement Identify, select, evaluate and manage hardware, software vendors and consultants on a cross regional level as necessary in order to obtain a high quality and cost-effective service.
- In combination with procurement Negotiate the initial deal terms and Service Level Agreements ensuring protection of MedNet’s interests and receipt of optimum level of services to facilitate operations.
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and manage the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of IT activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and capabilities:
- 10 years overall IT experience preferably in the financial industry sector in the Gulf region.
- 5 years’ experience in managing an IT Department
- Experience in managing IT projects and systems implementations
- Knowledge of IT trends and developments
- Project management and cost management
- Structured, analytical and results oriented approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively with people at all levels of the business
- Negotiation skills