A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Lead Mechanical Engineer”.
||STE Partners-Engineering Consultants|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||10 – 12 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Sustainability, Technology and Engineering Partnership (STEP) is an engineering consultancy firm focused on the design and supervision of Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP), Information Technology (IT), Security, Audio‐Visual (AV) systems and Infrastructure.
Having a versatile background in the consultancy and contracting fields, our team has delivered multiple residential, commercial, healthcare, Data center and hospitality projects within the GCC and across the MENA region.
STEP’s client oriented approach has allowed it to build strategic alliances with customers, thus nurturing the growth of the company.
Lead the Mechanical Engineering activities related to data centers not limited to the below:
· Define data center design criteria, develop the Basis of Design
· Translate ambiguous project parameters into clear and actionable design plans with special regard for resource/land limitations.
· Review engineering calculations and run independent engineering and cost analyses.
· Conduct research on energy efficient and cost-effective designs, materials, and construction methods for data center HVAC equipment and components.
· Lead regular status update meetings to keep management and stakeholders informed of changes to project timelines and parameters.
· Conduct engineering studies, mechanical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning at data center construction sites.
· Conduct strategic planning of design requirements, scheduling, materials selection, and materials procurement.
· Perform Value engineering exercise on existing designs
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 10+ years of relevant in data centers.
· Building design and construction
· HVAC systems, Chilled Water Systems, Condenser Water Systems, Pump controls, Glycol/Glycols, AHU units (DX, split, RTU, and CRAC), Raised Floor Systems, HOT/COLD aisle containment, and Building Management Systems
· HVAC concepts including psychometric, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and statistics.
· Adhering to industry standards, building codes and safety standards including UMC, NFPA, ASHRAE, UBC, UMC, and LEED
· Construction and cost estimating process
· AutoCAD or Revit, Visio, and Bluebeam
· Cross-discipline critical facility systems
· Plant commissioning and start-up
· Plant mechanical systems data analysis
· Troubleshooting and issue resolution
· Mechanical scope of work and project development
· Consulting engineering
· Experience in the EU (Germany, Netherland) will be a great advantage
The selected candidate will be appointed in Dubai or Beirut office with travels to the EU.