A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “IFRS Accountant”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | ACCA | ACA | CPA | CA|
|Experience||3 – 5 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,000 AED – 7,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50 – 100 Employees|
Injazat, a G42 company, empowers organizations to optimize their business goals utilizing cloud and emerging technology solutions (Digital Transformation, Cloud, and Cyber Security.), by co-creating transformational digital platforms and services through public-private partnerships (PPP). Partners include Oracle, Microsoft, ServiceNow etc.
Injazat is a National Technology Champion, offering end-to-end digital solutions through partnerships with our clients to build digital businesses focused on great experience and outcomes. Located in Abu Dhabi, Injazat orchestrates a wide ecosystem that brings Technical design, Human design, and Business design together to create digital solutions & businesses that advance communities and delight those living in them. Injazat is an industry-recognized market leader in the region for Digital Transformation, Cloud, and Cyber Security.
To expand and strengthen our Operational Finance Team we are recruiting for a dynamic and energetic IFRS Accountant.
In this position you will be responsible for providing direction and support to the Business Units for General Accounting month-end, quarterly or yearly closing on various financial systems. Next to that the new IFRS Accountant will interface with Applications team to improve functionality of accounting and financial reporting system. Analyze and resolve accounting topics/issues independently and ensure they are aligned with Company’s Financial Reporting Guidelines. Our new colleague will review processes to ensure alignment with Injazat Data Systems as well as International Financial Reporting Standards and implement any necessary changes. Support any training effort to the business based on guidelines. Further to this review contracts to identify the appropriate accounting treatment as per GAAP and accounting practices and suggest the correct treatment.
Moreover, the successful candidate will prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statement and analytics within strict timelines, being responsible for various reconciliations and resolving accounting issues to reduce variances. Also assist the Financial Planning and budgeting team in preparation of yearly financial budgets and monthly financial forecasts. Last, but not least the IFRS Accountant will coordinate and prepare government tax reports and presentations on financial requirements of management and other ad-hoc reports.
Compliance with Policies, Systems, Processes, and Audits
- Implement all relevant functional policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on their audits of the financial statements, financial transactions, and implementation of financial policies, internal controls, and financial reporting practices. Provide input to and liaise with the External Audit Committee.
- Lead projects of a wide nature that contribute to the development and implementation of the division’s overall goals and milestones.
- Prove support in the preparation of accounting statements and reports for management.
- Provide support to accountants in performing detailed account reconciliation and analysis of accounting transactions.
- Support accountants in Identifying and researching for discrepancies in financial reports and prepares correcting journal entries.
- Support accountants/colleagues in the preparation of journal entries and performing month-end general ledger close activities.
- Strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards.
- Expert with Microsoft office such as Excel, SQL, Access, powerpoint etc.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Ability to build relationships and networks to facilitate work.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Good time management.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with client groups and in a diverse team environment. Experience in managing at least small teams will therefore be an advantage.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or business economics)
- Superior understanding of IFRS, including recent changes to these accounting frameworks.
- Fully or Partially Qualified ACCA / ACA / CPA / CA or equivalent
- Proven ability to work on complex accounting issues and ability to clearly articulate the advice.
3 to 5 years of experience in performing the above functions