A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Secretary-project”.
||Binladin Contracting Group|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | Diploma|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||5,500 AED – 6,500 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50 – 100 Employees|
To lead, overlook and/ or carry out duties required to provide administrative/ clerical day to day support to the respective team/ project site office/ department while maintaining a high level of quality, effectiveness, efficiency, confidentiality, and reliability throughout the process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- With Timekeeper/Storekeeper for preparation of memos and LPOs including typing of various personnel correspondences required by site staff and any other assistance as required.
- With project Quantity Surveyors for submission of monthly payments, Variation Orders etc.
- For Instructions from PM to reply to contractual/technical related emails received from the consultant/client.
- Coordinate, administer and manage meetings (internal/ external) with Suppliers, Subcontractors based on PM’s instruction.
- Coordinate and follow-up for handing over documents.
- Comprehensive coordination with client, consultant, local authorities, govt departments in addition to Project Engineers, Draughtsman, Foremen, Storekeeper, Timekeeper, Engineering Department, in-house staff, sections and Departments Heads.
- Upon project completion, coordinate with all subcontractors to arrange for Statement of Discharge and Final Settlement document and forward the same to Finance Department to release final payment/original Performance Bond, original Advance Payment Guarantee etc. in coordination with Quantity Surveyor, at all levels and stages of the project.
- Upon project completion, coordinate and cooperate with Storekeeper for shifting of existing and remaining material if any, to other projects or to the main store as per direction of Stores Manager, to facilitate demolition formalities and process of temporary site offices, car parking and handover of land used for the site offices.
- Compose, type, and edit all correspondences including letters, memos, spreadsheets, compilation in required formats by consultant/client, in various types of submittals, logs and other miscellaneous typing as required by the projects team and instructed by the Project Manager.
- Check and review all documents on project criteria and formats, received from subcontractors prior to submission to the consultant for approval.
- Receive and attend to incoming emails from consultant/subcontractors and vendors and reply to or address any specific content upon discussing with the concerned person.
- Communicate with subcontractors for specific requirements as per the Project Manager and Project Engineer’s instruction.
Document Control Management: Monitor and support the Document Controller for:
- Routine submission and receipt of documents
- Dispatch, scanning, filing and distribution to relevant Engineers/Heads as per PM’s direction.
- Enter, upload, update, and archive project documents into Dropbox as per PMO and project process.
- Receive consultant’s documents marked up and commented and take immediate action to onward distribute through email for action, re-submission and approval.
- Maintain logs for all important documents including guarantees/security undated cheques, and undertaking letters submitted by subcontractors, consultants, and clients.
- Maintain updated document updated logs prior to, or in time for weekly progress meetings and send to Planning Engineers for the preparation of weekly and monthly reports for consultants and clients.
- Detail coordination and support to consultants’ Secretary, Document Controller and assist, as required as per contract and project requirement, in a supportive and professional manner.
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of Site Office as per direction of Project Manager/Site
- Administration Manager to cover typing, filing, photocopying, scanning, transmitting, maintain office
- stationery supplies, etc.
- Attend to phone calls, obtain caller’s details, record messages and forward calls to the appropriate
- site staff as required.
- Any other duties as reasonable requested by the line/function manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum five (5) years in a similar role within the Construction/Contracting industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Communication Skills (Proficiency in English; written & oral. Arabic is beneficial).
- Excellent office management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and ERP
- Team player and ready to always learn
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Change management and adaptation skills.
- Pleasant, proactive, and cooperative attitude.