A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Engineer-Procurement”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||10,000 AED – 12,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ENGINEER – PROCUREMENT
Perform procurement activities within established purchasing procedures and in line with project execution schedule and budget. Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to secure clear bid offers for technical and commercial evaluation and to issue purchase orders in line with the contractual specifications and project execution schedule.
- Comply with HSSE policy, procedures and legislation performance of duties.
- Prepare periodic reports including ISL, PO log and any other reports as required etc…
- Maintain cognizance on new trends and proactively stay apprised on new products.
- Participate in identification of vendors by researching product availability and conducting market
- Create Inquiry Bidders’ List (IBL).
- Review Inquiry/ Material Requisitions (IR, MR) for correctness & completeness of documents.
- Prepare RFQ’s and issue to prospective vendors, expedite receipt of offers and coordinate pre-bid
- clarifications with engineering.
- Review received quotations for completeness and obtain missing information and documents
- required for bid techno-commercial evaluation.
- Prepare commercial bid tabulation.
- Prepare shortlisting file note based on the preliminary bid tab & offers received.
- Distribute technical offers to engineering team and expedite completeness of Technical Bid
- Evaluation (TBE).
- Regular update and issuance of Inquiry Status Log (ISL), Bid Clarifications Request Log, etc…
- ssue Technical Queries (TQ) received from engineering to the vendors and obtain appropriate clarifications.
- Arrange teleconference calls and bid clarification meetings with the vendors.
- Prepare and issue commercial bid clarification requests to the vendors and obtain appropriate response.
- Obtain a clear and complete Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) from engineering.
- Coordinate with Contracts team to review and close-out of the exceptions and deviations to the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) of Purchase.
- Prepare the final scope of supply in coordination with the discipline engineer.
- Solicit final bids from vendors & conduct commercial negotiations with the vendors.
- Prepare Award Recommendations for the selected vendors.
- Review Letter of Award (LOA), Purchase Order (PO) and Change Orders (CO) & obtain respective acknowledgement.
- Communicate what went wrong with unsuccessful bidders and encourage them to participate in future bids.
- Make purchasing decisions based on project execution strategy, need and business policy.
- Comply, implement & adhere to the Procurement Policies and Procedures within the Project.
- Participate and assist during internal and external audits and implement necessary actions toensure compliance with procedures and policies.
- Operate Microsoft office applications and any other IT related software required for business operation.
- Prepare and compile project review meeting reports as and when requested by the supervisor.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in relevant field