A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Sales Manager”.
||Bab Al Shams Desert Resort|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||5 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||18,000 AED – 20,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Rare Finds is a diverse collection of resorts celebrating the individuality and unique identity of a destination, with a distinct ability to captivate the imagination, and bring to the forefront the essence of a place.
Authentic and captivating, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort is a truly magical destination, where expertly curated itineraries and bespoke entertainment are the beating heart of our legendary desert-based destination. Part of our unique Rare Finds collection, the essence of Bab Al Shams joins our guests together to discover the most soulful experiences and humbling journeys, set against Dubai’s endless dunes and rich culture.
About The Role
Manages sales activities and events in line with the annual sales and marketing plan and to achieve/exceed budget and sales strategy for the hotel. Delivers market leading performance, maximize revenue & commercial opportunities for assigned segment.
- Maintains an awareness of competitor activity, developments and best practices and shares information with the team accordingly.
- Keeps up-to-date with the economic situation and monitors trends within the designated markets and industries and shares this information with the team accordingly.
- Takes a proactive approach to sales, anticipating potential opportunities and developing new opportunities.
- Develops strategic plans for specified region assigned and market sector and detailed account development plans for each key account.
- Sets realistic, measurable sales standards, objectives and goals (for sales activities and revenues) to be achieved and communicates to leaders and employees.
- Conducts appropriate number of proactive sales activities (incl. but not limited to telesales, appointments, site inspections, sales trips, trade shows, fam trips, client entertaining including evening entertaining, overseas road shows and events) and ensures that this is recorded appropriately in Opera Sales & Catering in order to be considered for goals.
- Leverages all available sales in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
- Retains, expands and grows revenue from designated geographic territories and market sectors.
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge of all aspects of the hotel in order to sell effectively and ensures that the client has accurate and adequate information in order to be able to confirm the business.
- Oversees the hotel’s relevant sections of the sales database (Opera Sales & Catering) in alignment with designated market sectors and territories ensuring data maintenance and tracking is adhered to.
- Resolves guest issues that arise from the sales process and brings issues to the attention of leadership as appropriate. This includes feedback from transient business and conference, events, road shows etc.
- Conducts surveys of local/competitor market for designated territories and market sectors making recommendations, ensuring we remain competitive.
- Manages ad-hoc projects as required in order to meet business needs.
- Supports the hotel operation in times of demand in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Refers business opportunities from other market sectors to appropriate members of the sales team to ensure that these are actioned appropriately.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand the business needs and develops a relevant sales plan to
- support strategic objectives.
- Trains new members of the team and supports existing members of the team on Opera Sales & Catering.
- Leads by example and as and when required may be asked to mentor junior members of the team.
- Builds effective working relationships with the hotel’s leadership team, sales team and operations.
- Develops close relationships with designated clients from agreed market sectors and geographical territories.
- Tracks key business indicators to determine the effectiveness of current systems and processes and identifies areas for improvement.
- Focuses on producing results in alignment with strategic goals of sales department.
- Identifies sales opportunities and close high value sales.
- Assists in planning and ensure delivery of sales plans for which you are responsible.
- Collects customer/partner data from own customers and support team in collecting theirs.
- Ensures all customer/partner data is collated and summarized in useable format.
- Delivers and facilitates team to deliver Brand message to customers.
- Maintains and grows positive customer and partner relationships
- Sets and meets customer expectations and facilitate objection handling.
- Projects and helps team prospect for attractive new business
- Uses data accurately to guide sales activity including cost/benefit, cost of sale and ROI analyses.
- Monitors competitor activities and increase the business volume of the corporate segment by maintaining the good business relationship with existing customers as well as negotiating optimum rates with new clients and developing new market strategies.
- Achieves hotel revenue, room night goals in the corporate and leisure market segments as laid down in the Hotel’s annual Integrated Business Plan (IBP).
- Establishes a strong ‘Drive for Results’ culture, communicating a set of goals and targets and providing frequent feedback where necessary to manage performance to its optimum.
- Diploma in Business Management or its equivalent.
- 5 years in similar position in a five stars hotels.
- GCC experience
- Business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- In depth knowledge of UAE market and Strong background in leisure and travel trade market
- Segment knowledge + skills including principled negotiation, contracting and service level agreements
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Experience with Data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrated successful account management
- Strong orientation towards customer service
- Highly organized and proactive and be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Presentation skills
- Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
- Effective Communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Leadership skills
- Customer focused
- Team work
Join a team that is warm , caring , connected and empowered to create truly unique experiences. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.