A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Senior Engineer-HSE Design”.
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters|
|Experience||10 – 11 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||12,500 AED – 15,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs. This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer – HSE Design
- Responsible for producing deliverables such as HSE design basis, philosophies, study reports (FERA, CFD, EERA, QRA, RAM, Thermal Plume) equipment specifications, P&ID, layouts, datasheets, hazardous area schedule, fire & gas detector’s layout, performing firewater hydraulics, sizing fire water pump, designing deluge / spray system, procuring gas suppression system etc.
- Organize and participate in workshops such as HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, FMECA, RAM, SIL, Bow-Tie, SCE PS,
- Provide inputs like spacing, fire rating requirement, blast requirement, stack / vent height,
- Prepare /review inquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase requisitions for specialist studies as well as safety and fire fighting equipment
- Responsible for coordination with client, regulatory authorities, Consultants, who are assigned to perform specialised studies, 3rd party certifying agencies, consortium partners, subcontractors, other discipline engineers and Project team
- Prepare and monitor the schedule and ensure the project design activities completes within the allotted manhours and schedule
- Arrange / participate in FAT, SAT, HAT and offshore commissioning of fire protection and safety systems
- Support the fabrication and commissioning field queries with justification note and calculations
- Review and approve vendor drawings and ensure the timely delivery of the documents
- Participating in cross-functional and inter-office meetings to provide design inputs to Engineering team
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 10+ years of technical safety and loss prevention offshore experience with Engineering Companies
- Conversant with UK/ EU/ German / Dutch offshore regulations
- Familiar with DNV and VdS standards requirements
- Preference to have hands-on experience in HVDC/ HVAC projects
- Working knowledge of offshore safety equipment e.g. life boats, fast rescue crafts etc.
- Familiar with softwares like, DNV PHAST, PIPENET
- Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English