A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Accountant”.
|Company Name||My Golf Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors | Masters | CPA | CMA | ACCA | CA Inter|
|Experience||4 – 6 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||6,500 AED – 8,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent|
|Company Size||500 – 1000 Employees|
WHO WE ARE:
MyGolf – Where Luxury meets Passion
MyGolf is a modern social leisure platform that fosters genuine relationship within the community members from all walks of life through shared passion in sports and entertainment.
As Dubai’s 1st Premium Indoor golf and entertainment lounge, it is your ultimate neighborhood go-to place to deepen existing relationship or expand social network meeting other golfers in a fun and enjoyable ambiance. It welcomes novices and pros with top notch equipment, gourmet dining, entertainment, private events spaces and VVIP rooms.
Built by the trendy, for the trendy. Mygolf was founded by Ex wall street bankers, tech investors, serial entrepreneurs, and PGA pros, all passionate by the captivating social element of golf in an aim to disrupt the leisure and entertainment industry like you have never seen before.
Our passion in providing the best-in-class golf experience by deploying innovative technology will help you to advance your game with each swing. Come and join us in this meaningful journey of building a healthy, fun, and exclusive communities with one outlet at a time!
ROLE: Accountant General
We are looking for an experienced accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
The accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
The accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
What you will be doing:
1. Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
2. Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results
3. Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
4. Provide technical support and advice on day-to-day accounting operations
5. Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
6. Provide input into department’s goal setting process
7. Prepare financial statements and budget variance reports
8. Assist with tax audits and tax returns
9. Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
10. Support month-end and year-end close process
11. Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
12. Ensure compliance with accounting standards
13. Liaise with Finance Director to improve financial procedures
14. Comply with financial policies and company regulations
15. Filing of VAT and Corporate tax under supervision of Finance Director
16. Responsible for day-to-day transactions posting and verify automated transactions on daily basis
17. Petty cash and handling bank payments
18. Cash/Bank/Sales Reconciliation on daily basis
19. Any other work assigned by Reporting Manager
What we require:
- Immediate joining, maximum one week
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Hands-on experience with accounting software and renowned ERPs (SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including lookups, pivot tables & charts. Power query and dashboard presentations are an added advantage
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a proactive way and take full responsibility of your work
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA/CMA/CA-Inter/ACCA) is a plus