A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Principal Engineer-piping”.
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree (Mechanical/Chemical Engineering)|
|Experience||15 – 16 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||25,000 AED – 30,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies’ design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination. The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs. This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone.
JOB TITLE: Principal Engineer – Piping (Offshore)
- Supervise Piping engineering activities and accountable for successful completion of proposals and / or projects within allocated Cost, Time and Resources.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal stake holders of the projects on day-to-day basis for successful execution of the work.
- Participate in meetings with Client, Approval Authorities, OEMs, Subcontractors, and vendors.
- Establish effective communication with Value Engineering Centre offices.
- Evaluate requirement of resources including computer hardware and software.
- Participate in design reviews, workshops and take necessary close-out actions.
- Develop Manpower Histograms assign and distribute manpower for the execution of detail design, drafting and modeling activities within the approved project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
- Ensure compliance of design based on sound engineering practices, company standards, client contract requirements and based on international codes and standards.
- Organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate for integration of data inputs.
- Ensure timely issuance of deliverables and timely completion of activities.
- Supervise preparation of Inquiry Requisitions to vendors, direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), Coordinate preparation of Purchase Requisitions.
- Perform / supervise review of vendor drawings, documents, design calculations.
- Strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures and QMS guidelines. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures piping.
- Promote safety awareness in strict compliance with HSE policies and procedures.
- Participate in preparation and implementation of standard design guides, specifications, datasheets and checklists as part of Department Developmental activities.
- Interface and provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers at yard and offshore.
- Take Lead position for Tendering activities. Work on the Value Engineering activities.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of related Wind Energy, Oil & Gas, Petroleum / Petrochemical industry experience.
- Preferably from a working background in EPC Companies for offshore Oil & Gas, Wind Energy industries.
- Exposure to offshore fixed structures including Wind Substation Platforms (including HVAC, HVDC) is desired.
- Knowledge of working with European clients, European OEMs and exposure to European Safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge on relevant international codes & standards like EN, DNVGL, ANSI, ASME, API, MSS, BS, ISO, NACE.
- Possess supervising, Team Leading skills for activities in Layouts, Piping design, Materials & specifications, Stress & Supports, 3D environment and procurement activities.
Preferred Software Experience
- E3D, PDMS (exposure)
- Navisworks Simulate (Proficient)
- AutoCAD (Proficient)
- CEASARS-II (Basic)
- Office Tools (Proficient)