A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Staff Nurse”.
||American Hospital Dubai|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree|
|Experience||2 – 3 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||4,000 AED – 5,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
POSITION TITLE : STAFF NURSE – ENDOSCOPY
A registered professional Nurse: Provides direct patient care and coordinates patient care-related activities using the scientific process of nursing Abides by AHD nursing standards of care and practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates problem solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Demonstrates current Endoscopy nursing knowledge with ability to recognize and apply basic pathophysiology in the disease process.
- Demonstrates competent technical nursing skills; medications are administered safely and according to policies and procedures, physicians are assisted with patient examinations and specialized procedures, proficiency is demonstrated with IV therapy, and dressings etc.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required in recognizing potential emergency situations; codes and other emergency situations are managed competently. Actively participates in mock codes.
- Develops individualized care plans based on the nursing diagnosis, with updated revisions according to evaluation and re-assessment findings. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are considered in daily care planning.
- Sets priorities and plans implementation of patient care; implementation of care is completed in a timely, organized manner and follows AHD nursing standards and policy and procedure. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are supported.
- Demonstrates attention to discharge planning; discharge planning is addressed on admission, on-going and as care plans are modified. Discharge and transfer procedures are completed in a timely and complete manner.
- Provides accurate, complete and prompt reports on patient care conditions and response to treatment. Collaborates effectively as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Nursing documentation is informative, complete, accurate, concise and legible. Documentation follows AHD and JCI standards and reflects the nursing process from assessment through evaluation.
- Works in other areas within the hospital when assigned, within the scope of practice.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency based on the latest research and established standards of practice. Completes all Core Competencies for nursing as well as applicable Unit Specific Competencies within prescribed timelines.
- Demonstrates awareness and knowledge of Infection Control, Pain Management and Wound Care practices and standards. Reports and documents as directed in the relevant policies and procedures.
- Understands the responsibilities of safe handling, and administration of Narcotic / Controlled Drugs and documentation as directed by policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates support of leadership. Encourages team decisions, cooperation within and across departments and assist in resolving differences of opinion.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural difference among customers and colleagues, demonstrates sensitivity and tolerance to cultural differences.
- Involves patient, significant others and healthcare provider in patient’s plan of care and education.
- Performs special procedures (Endoscopy procedure e.g. procedural sedation, GI and Pulmonary procedures etc.) in accordance to procedures and guidelines, following orders and appropriate monitoring.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and the ability to, render care based on age, appropriateness and developmental needs of patients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of medical equipment available and in use on the unit.
- Demonstrates understanding and familiarity with Facility Management and Safety plan.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (duration not less than three years) or
- Current license to practice nursing in country of origin and with the DHA
- BLS certification
- PALS/ACLS preferred
- At least 2 years of nursing experience in Endoscopy specialty
- Private hospital experience preferred
* Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted