A well-known and well-reputed Company based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates is looking for an experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience for the position of “Chief Accountant”.
||Rosewood, Abu Dhabi|
|Qualification||Bachelors Degree | Masters Degree | CA | ACCA|
|Experience||5 – 7 years of Relevant Experience Required|
|Monthly Salary||15,000 AED – 18,000 AED|
|Employment Type||Full Time | Permanent
|Company Size||50-100 Employees|
The Chief Accountant position is responsible for ensuring that the financial controls, books, records and reporting of the Hotel are accurate, current and in compliance.
- Coordinates with Department Heads and the Purchasing Department for accurate and timely processing of accounts payable.
- Assists in preparing comprehensive monthly reports of the financial results of the Hotel in established corporate formats and in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures that all governmental fees are calculated correctly and deposited timely and related reports are filed on a timely basis.
- Maintains and safeguards all contracts, licenses, leases and ensures compliance with their requirements.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations, complete with supporting backup, on a monthly basis. Any reconciling items should be cleared monthly.
- Reconcile the bank accounts regularly and do necessary rectifications.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Rosewood.
- Maintain good relationship with all departments in the Hotel to promote effective internal control and financial advisory role.
- Able to communicate and commit to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating with the external and internal auditors and provide supporting documents wherever necessary.
- Maintain the fixed assets register, manage the related software and conducts regular inventory and physical verification of assets.
- Maintain the FF&E budgetary control and process FF&E purchase requests and approval process.
- Keep training self and maintain thorough knowledge of all jobs in Accounting, Purchasing and Cost Control areas and be able to cover any absences of associates.
- Work with Division Heads in preparation of monthly forecasts and Assist in the preparation of Budgets, prepare comparisons for review.
- Complete any other tasks assigned from time to time by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.